• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old Gods v1.04d

This campaign follows Maelstrom. There are 8 maps all in all (3 cinematics and 5 playable maps). Part One is a combination of four maps linked together by submap triggers. The maps of Part One are linked as follows:

Helica --- Terenos --- Jaegel --- Outlands

You start on Terenos and will progress to either Helica or Jaegel depending upon your choice.

Story: The introductory cinematic will explain all. However, a lot of ideas are jumbled together and the creator struggled to make sense of the events that occur within the maps. The creator hope though that the story will not be a detriment to the enjoyment of the game.

Campaign by: J747L
Uploaded by: Herogod

IMPORTANT (Reviewer Edit)

• There is an issue related to the filename's length (.w3n). If it is too long, the transition between maps will not work on patches beyond 1.21. So, to solve this, simply rename the campaign once you download it to something shorter like OldGods.
  • Thanks to Warseeker for solving the mystery!
  • Discussion thread: Fixing Old Campaigns
Contents

Old Gods v1.04d (Campaign)

Reviews
Craka_J: Approved since your other campaign was approved.

M

Craka_J: Approved since your other campaign was approved.

Level 2
The ambience of this campaign is totaly awesome, but i think the story could be more elaborated... this is one of the best campaigns i've ever played.
However there is something missing in the end.

Level 2
Love the campaign especially the prologue lvl. I hope you make a sequal soon because ending made really want to see what happens next. Nice job and 5/5/

Qab

Qab

Level 5
I've just started downloaded it(not played) and noticed it has more downloads than the first campaign?!(which i also just dled but haven't played. will comment when done)

Level 2
Hello,

Great campaign, very well playable and awesome atmossphere.
I wonder if there will ever be a second part, does anyone know about this?

Thanks and greetings

manstein

Level 1
Guys, whoever made this campaign has probably ditched it, maybe because he/she lost the files and cbb making again, or something. I'm saying this because, I downloaded this map since 2004-05 when the old hiveworkshop website was still up. But know this, this campaign is dead and no sequel will come. Unless someone is willing to make a sequel better / the same that will follow this campaign's lore.

Level 1
There is a bug in the finding the fire queen thing as when you go back to the zepelin it takes you out of the campaign. (there is also this bug in maelstrom

Level 2
After I beat the fire queens relm (Which I did first), I tried to return to the main area using the zeplin. I saved before it and every time I tried, it just took me back to the main menu of the Frozen Throne. I was unable to continue the story so I was very confused during the finale.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
As most campaigns with the idea of going out of levels and getting back to them (like the Orc TFT campaign), this one too cannot be fully played due to problems.

prologue:
-prophecies (not the type shown here; far seeing is different; it's something like the Jedi power in this regard) and saints have no place in Warcraft
-dude, seriously? Playing with KIDS???
-they're steering a boat by themselves
-previous items from the inventory disappeared after they became heroes
-a couple of kids able to kill a Paladin and his troops and not only, meh... It's not even a parody
-where is this happening again? Is it the Sunken Ruins? If so, why are there Furbolgs there?
-it would've been interesting if there more than 8 abilities were present; that would've left room for replayability
-Spirit Towers and Black Citadels have a lower range than the night elf kid
-this level is mostly an Attack Ground command fest (especially the optional quest)
-Paladins don't have/use Divine Shield nor Resurrection

part one:
-how/why did the girl stop at finding and killing humans?
-where's the orc kid?
-now she has Shockwave and is an Agility based hero
-if she uses Blink to get to the tree, enemies will follow her and kill her during the scene; well, the luck is Reincarnation
-the action Stop and the spell with the spirits have the same hotkey: S; the ultimate has the hotkey "A" like the attack command

-Mechilos' daughter is never in danger; I suggest somebody doing ambushes and/or attacking from behind too
-the human camp leader can be easily killed with spirits while running around him; he has no offensive spells
-he was still owning a Shipyard after owning money!?
-Gnolls keep appearing between the ship owner's house and the Goblin Laboratory
-units are usually selected during cinematic scenes

Helica:
-what the heck is a Goblin Merchant doing in this place?
-mostly killing units on the map...
-it's annoying that some units reappear
-Gnolls in this place!? Meh, as if Nerubians weren't enough
-as opposed to the level with the kids, here level 10 is the maximum
-you do realize Blink can be used to pass to the other side of the bridge; the stone is not needed
-pause units during cinematic scenes

-well, if she can/will know the future and it's all good, what's the rush? It's all predetermined anyway right depending on her, right?

Finale:
-how did the demons know where to find the Chosen One to use her?
-why kill Aliyah if he sent her to grow in hiding!?

I'm not going to install and reinstall the game/patches just for this, sorry. It would be nicest if the creators of such campaigns would update them.

EDIT: it works on 1.30.4. However, it was not finished.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Description update:
  • There is an issue related to the filename's length (.w3n). If it is too long, the transition between maps will not work on patches beyond 1.21. So, to solve this, simply rename the campaign once you download it to something shorter like HalElves.
  • Thanks to Warseeker for solving the mystery!
  • Discussion thread: Fixing Old Campaigns

Level 9
Introduction:
Lots of information dumping in the beginning. Like my god so many characters died. Also alliance makes no sense. There should be like at least something they did to appease. But instead immediate understanding? feels weird. I think it would've been better if this was a conversation been told between 2 people rather than a narration. But you know thats more of a pet peeve than actual criticism. The rest of the information is fine. Don't get the whole Old Gods stuff though. But im not knee deep in the Warcraft lore. Loved the animations though. Incredibly alive feeling.

Prologue:
Holy shit Avatar of vengeance. Maybe telling the kid her mother was raped was not the best thing man.... though you know i get why it did that. Damn Kid has reincarnation at level 0 wow. It is kind of amazing that both of the kids leveled up enough to be on par with archimonde. Unnecessarily difficult for the wiping out the human bases. All the extra spells you get show level 1 but in actuality are level 3 or level 4. I don't really like the spells we get. Like Rain of Chaos is a great spell. But thats the only unique spell you gave the kids. Sometimes Frost armor isn't used. I gave frost armor to the night elf. and she doesn't use it on the orc. Kind of weird man. I actually really liked this mission till the human base destruction. I wished the kid said something when you go through the damaged night elf base. Very nice prologue overall though had loads of fun.

Mission 1:
It sucks man... The entire fun of destruction of the prologue is gone. Now we are in this maive model and its just not fun. Her abilities aren't that fun and you aren't that strong. Also way too many creeps man. This is really upsetting considering how great the prologue is. This mission just isn't as fun as the prologue. Ok never mind it got way better at the outland mission. The outland mission was indeed fantastic. Everything else was kinda iffy. Maybe saying it sucked is too far but pretty medicore compared to the rest of the campaign.

Epligoue:
Just a cinematic.... too much panelling

Overall:
Loved the first prologue mission, legitimately enjoyed the outland mission only other ones basically felt kind of a chore. Some different spells for the kids would be nice and bug fixing. Its kinda tough to rate it. But if I did the outland mission last i'd probably would give it a 3/5. So i'll give it a 3/5... barely.

Level 5
A small campaign following the continuation of Maelstrom v1.5, the introduction summarizes everything from the first campaign, though the whole campaign feels a bit rushed.

Prologue:
The prologue is good, gathering all the spells is a MUST unless you pass the map cheating, the final mission of the prologue however, destroying all the human camps, is bad the humans have like 30 human heroes at level 20.

Mission 1(the only mission):
I don't know, there is a lot of creeps for you to be only limited level 10, while the enemies have heroes at level 12 or 15, there aren't any good items for the heroes, plus there are too many creeps for my taste, good thing that all your heroes have resurrection and max level blink so it feels like speedrunning the map.

Epilogue:
The campaign is incomplete, the story goes very well, a good story, but the ending is very open, I hope there is another campaign.

In conclusion:
I think you need to add a more variety of items, 3 orbs on the same hero doesn't count, glad you gave the hero max level blink so I can skip the entire map, it needs less creeos, the campaign has enjoyable moments, but other moments are bad.

Bugs: The prologue when the kids get the spells It says that the spells are level 1, but in reality the spells are at max level

In mission 1, there is a demon with divine armor and 5k hit points, how am I supposed to kill it if none of my heroes have chaos damage
You can skip the whole part of the ethereal bridge just by blinking.

Played on v1.21b

Level 13
Both parts are very good. Some chapters were overwhelming for me, but I honestly enjoyed myself the whole time and was so engrossed that at the end of Old Gods it unpleasantly surprised me with its unexpected ending. It would be great if someone decided to continue the story. No problems on v.1.27

7719-100Satisf-80-73.png
7719-HQ-135-68.png

Last edited: