1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Land of the Old Gods

Submitted by Hell_Master
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
---------- Hell_Master Presents ------------

Land of the Old Gods
Created by Hell_Master
Map Info:

A sacred land where it is believed that here is the place where the heroes fought the Ancient King and finally defeated him! Now Treasure hunters believed that there is treasures inside the Ruins but is heavily guarded by remains of the Old Ages.

Features:

The map features the following:

• 4 Gold Mines
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 12 Green Camps
  • 12 Orange Camps

Some else stuff about map:

Map is quite hard due to the mass of creeps. The only answer here is stack up some armies before risking yourself fighting mass creeps mostly in the middle part of the map are Red Camp, creeps that guards a Tavern and also drops quite good items.

I am not yet putting some creeps at the 2 Gold Mines due to some lack of time. Later on, I will add some guards into it so not to worry.

I also lack the time to do testing always so I dont know if the Item Drop Tables applies properly or is balanced. Please do tell me if there is something wrong. Thank you!

Change Log:

Change Log

Version 1.0

• Melee Map released

Version 1.1

• Map is now 4 player due to some requests
  • Reduced creeps in the map
  • Removed some unecessary doodads in the Player Bases and also in the Temple
  • Gold Mines has 30000 gold stored in it due to no expansions in the map
  • Fixed a bug that prevents heroes on leveling beyond 5

Credits:

There is no one for I used no imported Materials I used in the map. I only give my thanks to Blizzard, that is all!

Author's Notes:

My very first melee map. If you see some bugs, some imbalances or such. Please report to me and I will try my best to fix it.

Also for the Item Drop Table, I dont know if they work or apply properly so please do tell me if there are problems in it.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Melee, Land of the Old Gods
Contents

Land of the Old Gods (Map)

Reviews
[img][c]Orcnet[c]08:57, 10th June 2013 Map Approved Land of the Old Gods (No Version/s Stated) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter...
  1. [​IMG] Orcnet 08:57, 10th June 2013

• Map Approved
    • Land of the Old Gods (No Version/s Stated)

Rate Score Percent Letter
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
      [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"Land of the Old Gods" is a 4v4 Melee map.

"The whole game role needs total maintenance, The creeps guarding the goblin merchant is a bit too overpowered, the creeps covering the inwards of the tavern is a bit too much, risking a scout to get a neutral hero by surviving creeps guarding the lane into it is bad so either remove those creeps 'or' replace the tavern with a decent neutral building such as a Fountain of H/M, Goblin Laboratory, Roost etc., The Main bases has no creep camps so a 1v1 would be a fast expansion claimer in this map. That's another bad thing, speaking of 1v1 this map has no room for expansion sites so I suggest you convert this map into a 1v1."

Terrain

"Terrain looks very dirty especially the middle, make the landscaping flow through you, the map is titled "Land of the Old Gods" so what do you think deities do during there lifetime in that area? my recommendations would be sunken ruin temples with jungle roots/plants festering the ruin temples because its slowly getting consumed by nature, but since you made some visual I can accept this but really terrain work must be done."

Management

"Overall I can't really say this map is going to do down the total mechanics and map visual needs dire work but can approve."

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 8/15 77% C

2. -SmaSHeR-

-SmaSHeR-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here comes the Pain

Land of the Old Gods review

My Review
    good things
    -Terrain is fine
    -Drops are fine
    -creeps are fine

bad things
    -None

overoll
    Good map but needs improvment
    rated 4/5 and voting for Approval!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  3. Da Fist

Da Fist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude. Too much Creeps and too big for 1v1 map. Also, one glance I can see the terrain is not symmetrical, work on that. This tutorial may help you. And keep in mind, that after level 5, heroes do NOT level up from creeps anymore. And one thing, ladder melee maps DO NOT GUARD THE TAVERN. I learned that from experience and confirmed in -Kobas-'s tutorial. Kudos and voting for : Pending

4. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the comment guys. Will improve the map!

5. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Decent terrain. It looked better in game than in WE. Creeps were fine, I had no problem hitting one camp after another. Maybe it was a little big but that didn't bother me. For some reason I got 5 pendant's of vitality. I know the item table is not set wrong but it was wierd. Anyway, there should be more items and 100% chance on some creeps and 0% on others. 1 item per camp except for red camps them maybe 2. This map is a little flat, the lines are all a bit straight (rivers and walls). Too many doodads, which is not really bad just sort of distracting. I like the map and its a bit professional for a first map. Is this really your first? Its good. I would try to add some feature or theme to make it tell a story or come alive a little more. Balanced, fun, and playable! 4/5

6. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Will still try to improve this due to some imbalances in it.

7. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Smasher has already pointed out most of the flaws but I can just suggest some things here.

- Try making the temple a bit more symmetric. The hallways towards the red player is much more shorter giving a kind of advantage to the player there.
    - Try reducing the number of doodads in that temple (or whatever you call it). I think that's too much doodads placed there.
    - The rocks you placed near the starting points prevents me from placing my buildings properly. My base was really spread out when I finished the game. I suggest removing those since its a hindrance in making a base.
    - Every one of the creeps has a chance to drop an item. Which I think is too much. Especially for a two player.
    - There's some parts of the water that are shaped like squares/rectangles. I'm guessing that the brush you used for making the shallow/deep water was too small and it ended up like that. I suggest you fix those too since It kinda affects the beauty of the terrain.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, this is a pretty decent map with only a few flaws so you get a 3/5 from me.
    [​IMG]

BTW, Why dose the neutral buildings drop items? I don't think players will be able to kill those buildings.

8. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Update might be late because due to being busy but I will really do improve this so no worries.

9. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the Double but just a question so everyone can see, do you think this is good for more than 1v1? Because I tested it 4 players and AIs concentrates morely on attacking other bases than creeping, leveling up and such.....

10. -SmaSHeR-

-SmaSHeR-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah adding 2 more players would be nice

11. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    OK, would be updating the map later. If possible guys, test it again and change ratings :D

I cant really take that 2.5/5...lol! XD Maybe I'll make it better so the flow of things will change.

12. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If map becomes better and rating will become - Master Yoda.

Anyway for me it is bad, but at least you have started created, work and it must be better.

13. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Any suggestions, bro :cgrin:

14. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well nothing that they havent told allread, okey maybe some more doodads, like destroyed ships or such things.

15. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Will do, should I put it in the land parts or in water parts? But in water parts, there is not much space and it looks awkward in small rivers.

16. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Updated to v1.1:

• Map is now 4 player due to some requests
    • Reduced creeps in the map
    • Removed some unecessary doodads in the Player Bases and also in the Temple
    • Gold Mines has 30000 gold stored in it due to no expansions in the map
    • Fixed a bug that prevents heroes on leveling beyond 5

17. -SmaSHeR-

-SmaSHeR-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol its not bug it should be like that lolol
    now its not meele anymore :)

18. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yeah because I changed Gold Mines stored Gold 30000 lol! But that is the only way to make it.... I guess.

19. -SmaSHeR-

-SmaSHeR-

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean hero not leveling past 5 is normal
    they wont get exp from neutrals but will get from player killing