• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Oil System for Wc2 Remake NEED FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I published this last weekend and i'd like attention to anyone who's capable of fixing this.
I shall post the link of my demo campaign so you can open it directly. I will skip most of the text so to post you the interesting part:

DEMO CAMPAIGN BETA

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/wc2_tod_humans-w3n.309423/

The problem is that everytime i find the continuity, the same problem comes up, and it's the reason why i NEVER wanted to even touch the idea of remaking this game, believe it or not: it's the OIL system.
The OIL system works flawlessly for the first maps(ice tileset) but doesn't work for the Khaz Modan ones nor for the new maps i create, even if i did bring the whole project back to 1.28f and successfully restored custom loading screens, tilesets etc. in the process.
The system is taken from this thread [GUI] Custom Resource Harvest System 1.05 I've long time texted its creator, but he just popped in(active in forum) without answering.
You will find the oil system triggers at the bottom of the trigger tree in each of the maps where it is implemented(the ones where you have naval units and stuff). In mission 5/7 you won't be able to produce ships until the trouble is sorted, and that means you. Yes, i came to this point, where i have to ask for anyone who might be able to solve this riddle, or find a valid replacement for it.
The main problem is when an oil-requiring unit/building is clicked for training, and the system doesn't recognize the current amount of oil owned by the player with the corresponding oil amount required for the training/building. It is basically located in the very last trigger rows at the bottom. Once again: It works for the first maps, it doesn't for the others, and everything has been copied and pasted as it was in the previous map.

Massive thanks and credits in the final version of the campaign to anyone able to fix this(or find a valid replacement). Thank you!

Level 18
Maybe you want to try already made and working system for custom resources,
check it out, I added oil resource in test map, so you can see how it works.
It is designed to support many custom resources but of course you can use just one: oil. It is based on lumber harvesting, so players can use it intuitively.

Attachments

• CustomResources1.31.w3x
    81.3 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.