• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Custom Resource Harvest System(need to finalize!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
[GUI] Custom Resource Harvest System 1.05

Hello everyone. I was going to get to work on this to finalize it, because it's flawless but lacks just a tip of coding to make it the PERFECT oil system ever made and the one i need to complete my wc2 remake. The problem is that i've been busy in the latest 2 weeks between moving house, job getting increasingly busy, health problems and a lot of social activities. When i found time to get back with it i lost the point of whatever idea i had about it and everybody helping me had disappeared.
I'm now asking help from the forum.
Summing up: I'm remaking a wc2 campaign into warcraft 3. Project so far looks cool AF but i need the third resource harvest method. i found the system in the link and it's the most viable but i have a problem to solve: basically i need the amount of oil to be INDIVIDUAL for every oil patch in the map(up to 5 or more), so that everytime i build a platform it reprises the same amount of oil it had before it was destroyed. ANYONE familiar with hashtable, can you give me informations on how to proceed with this, please? Thank you.
Surely not the most tempting incentive, but i shall credit in the project the one(s) that will provide the code solution needed to "fill the gap".
Once again, thank you.

Level 20
If you have a test map or a map containing the work you've done so far it would be very helpful to solve this bug.
It's in the link on top of the page! It's not a bug, it's a plus i need for the system to be perfect.
I shall quote it below:

[GUI] Custom Resource Harvest System 1.05

basically i need the amount of oil to be INDIVIDUAL for every oil patch in the map(up to 5 or more), so that everytime i build a platform it reprises the same amount of oil it had before it was destroyed.

Level 20
The system lacks a storage of the resource "contained" in each platform. Basically when a platform gets destroyed and then rebuilt, the amount of oil resets. In this way you can have infinite oil.
What i'm looking for is the system to store the oil variable for each built platform in the map so that it can be resumed at its latest amount when a platform is rebuilt.
This map doesn't feature oil patches, but i have them up in my project. So, oil patches work like gold mines to "entangle"(build platforms on).

Status
Not open for further replies.