• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oh dang i just hit a brick wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok here's the thing, im making a map and one of its features is that heroes get evasion, critical strike and spell resistance by default and they grow like armor (well I changed armor to come from STR instead of agility to balance things out) I made it so that every 3 points of agility gives 1% of crit and evasion and 3 points of intelligence gives 1% spell resistance.

I made 4 skills and gave it to a spellbook, the four skills are for armor, evade critical and resistance, they have 75 levels, each one gives 1% (so the cap for all is 75%) then i made a trigger that sets the values each time a hero picks up/drops an item, levels up or learns a skill. Every runs as expected; except for this...

Once I set a level, the skill cant go down! it can only go up, this is a problem since if a hero picks up a stat-boosting item or an item that boosts crit evasion or resistance, once the hero drops it, he keeps the highest value!

I also added some armors that up evasion and spell resistance (to emulate it via triggers) and nothing, it just doesnt go down!

I could really use some help here, I don't know how to fix this! I would be glad to share my map with anyone who could help me fix those problems.

Level 3
Oh yes silly me!

Set Heroic Attributes Value
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Unit - A unit Loses an item
Unit - A unit Gains a level
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
Unit - A unit Pawns an item (to shop)
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
-------- Leather Armor --------
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff00ff00Leather Armor|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Studded Leather Armor --------
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff00ff00Studded Leather Armor|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 15
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Dragonhide Armor --------
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff00ff00Dragonhide Armor|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 25
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Apprentice's Robe --------
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff0000ffApprentice's Robe|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Adept's Robe --------
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff0000ffAdept's Robe|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 15
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Master's Robe --------
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff0000ffMaster's Robe|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 25
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Omni Armor --------
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cffffcc00Omni Armor|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Omega Omni Armor --------
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cffffcc00Omega Omni Armor|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 20
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 20
Else - Actions
Do nothing
-------- Set Armor --------
If - Conditions
((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) Greater than 75
Then - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Toughness (Hero Armor) for (Triggering unit) to 75
Else - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Toughness (Hero Armor) for (Triggering unit) to ((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3)
-------- Set Evasion --------
If - Conditions
(((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) Greater than 75
Then - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Precision (Hero Critical) for (Triggering unit) to 75
Unit - Set level of Heroic Reflexes (Hero Evasion) for (Triggering unit) to 75
Else - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Precision (Hero Critical) for (Triggering unit) to ((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3)
Unit - Set level of Heroic Reflexes (Hero Evasion) for (Triggering unit) to (((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
-------- Set Resistance --------
If - Conditions
(((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) Greater than 75
Then - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Dummy Icon) for (Triggering unit) to 75
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Hero Spell Damage Reduction) for (Triggering unit) to 75
Else - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Dummy Icon) for (Triggering unit) to (((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Hero Spell Damage Reduction) for (Triggering unit) to (((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])

Level 3
Resistances has 2 abilities, one is actually the skill and the other is a dummy icon for players to see the value.
I also made another trigger that decreases the bonus given by those specific items (its the same but with a negative value). But I suspect that both triggers run at the same time and screw something up?

Level 15
  • Set Heroic Attributes Value
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Unit - A unit Loses an item
  • Unit - A unit Gains a level
  • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
  • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
  • Unit - A unit Pawns an item (to shop)
  • Conditions
  • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions
  • -------- Leather Armor --------
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff00ff00Leather Armor|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Studded Leather Armor --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff00ff00Studded Leather Armor|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 15
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Dragonhide Armor --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff00ff00Dragonhide Armor|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 25
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Apprentice's Robe --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff0000ffApprentice's Robe|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Adept's Robe --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff0000ffAdept's Robe|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 15
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Master's Robe --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff0000ffMaster's Robe|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 25
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Omni Armor --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cffffcc00Omni Armor|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
  • Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 10
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Omega Omni Armor --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cffffcc00Omega Omni Armor|r
  • Then - Actions
  • Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 20
  • Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 20
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
  • -------- Set Armor --------
  • If - Conditions
  • ((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) Greater than 75
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Toughness (Hero Armor) for (Triggering unit) to 75
  • Else - Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Toughness (Hero Armor) for (Triggering unit) to ((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3)
  • -------- Set Evasion --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) Greater than 75
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Precision (Hero Critical) for (Triggering unit) to 75
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Reflexes (Hero Evasion) for (Triggering unit) to 75
  • Else - Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Precision (Hero Critical) for (Triggering unit) to ((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3)
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Reflexes (Hero Evasion) for (Triggering unit) to (((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
  • -------- Set Resistance --------
  • If - Conditions
  • (((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) Greater than 75
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Dummy Icon) for (Triggering unit) to 75
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Hero Spell Damage Reduction) for (Triggering unit) to 75
  • Else - Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Dummy Icon) for (Triggering unit) to (((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
  • Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Hero Spell Damage Reduction) for (Triggering unit) to (((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
You'r setting the variables to the values, instead of just adding or subtracting values. So if somebody has leather armor and they pick up studded leather armor, the bonus from the leather armor will be ignored. If you switch those values to negatives it won't run the action b/c you'r not subtracting that number but actually setting the level of the ability TO that number. You can't have an ability with a level of -10.

What you want to do is say this:

• Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = (Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] + 10)
Instead of:

Hope thats what it was, if not let me know ^-^

Level 3
Unit - Set level of Heroic Reflexes (Hero Evasion) for (Triggering unit) to (((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])

This is the basic formula it takes the agility of the hero (including bonuses such as a certain ring that gives agility) divides the number by 3 THEN, based off of if the hero has certain armors, it gives a bonus (that's the hero evasion bonus). I had to do this with triggers because different evasions dont stack, the bes tone is used, so i had to emulate a system that stacks evasion.

In short, the hero gets his total agility/3+any bonus from certain armors.

Level 37
You should know that when you use "Unit loses an item", the +attribute is still there.

Let's say you equip a piece of armor with +5 to str. You base str is 20, so your str becomes 25. When the "loses an item" event runs, the str of the unit is still considered as 25 in the trigger's actions.

Unit sells an item to shop is not necessary, since Unit loses an item covers that.

Level 15

Oops, sorry I missed those few lines of code at the bottom. What Maker said above is correct.

Level 3
hmmm how do i go around that little problem then?

lol edit: just as i typed this it came into my mind...i could make a loop trigger that checks every x seconds? but woulndt that make the game lag a bit or its meaningless?

Also i have another problem, the items dont add the correct evasion and/or resistance bonus.

Level 3
Ok I made some changes and it seems to work, although i do get a weird display bug that unless I close and open again the spellbook it wont display the real values, so thats taken care of now, thanks to you guys for letting me know about that losses items thing, now what im having trouble with is assigning the custom values to evade/resistances that come from items (the emulating part)..

Here's the re-worked trigger to run every 3 secs of game time

Set Heroic Attributes Value
Events
Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: 3 seconds have pass...
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If - Conditions
((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
Then - Actions
-------- Set Resistance --------
If - Conditions
(((Intelligence of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Integer A)]) Greater than 75
Then - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Dummy Icon) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to 75
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Hero Spell Damage Reduction) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to 75
Else - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Dummy Icon) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to (((Intelligence of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Integer A)])
Unit - Set level of Heroic Resistance (Hero Spell Damage Reduction) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to (((Intelligence of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Integer A)])
-------- Set Evasion --------
If - Conditions
(((Agility of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Integer A)]) Greater than 75
Then - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Precision (Hero Critical) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to 75
Unit - Set level of Heroic Reflexes (Hero Evasion) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to 75
Else - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Precision (Hero Critical) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to ((Agility of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3)
Unit - Set level of Heroic Reflexes (Hero Evasion) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to (((Agility of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3) + Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Integer A)])
-------- Set Armor --------
If - Conditions
((Strength of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3) Greater than 75
Then - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Toughness (Hero Armor) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to 75
Else - Actions
Unit - Set level of Heroic Toughness (Hero Armor) for Hero_List[(Integer A)] to ((Strength of Hero_List[(Integer A)] (Include bonuses)) / 3)
Else - Actions
Do nothing

Here's the setting of values depending on the armors worn

Custom Evasion and Resistance Bonus
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
Actions
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: leather +10
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cff00ff00Studded Leather Armor|r
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 15
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 25
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 15
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 25
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 20
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = 20
Else - Actions
Do nothing
Trigger - Run Set Heroic Attributes Value <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Heres the trigger to substract from if the hero loses the item

Custom Evasion and Resistance Drop
Events
Unit - A unit Loses an item
Conditions
Actions
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -10
Game - Display to (All players) the text: leather -10
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -15
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -25
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -10
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -15
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -25
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -10
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -10
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Set Hero_Evasion_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -20
Set Hero_Resistance_Bonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Item being manipulated)))] = -20
Else - Actions
Do nothing
Trigger - Run Set Heroic Attributes Value <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Note; just after pating this i removed those calls to other triggers, but i doubt that was the problem, perhaps the variables arent the same? Hero [Attibute]/3 might return a real number, which gets rounded up or down? and the armors give an integer? perhaps thats it?

Status
Not open for further replies.