• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogrim Doomhammer Young Reforged

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ogrim Doomhammer before he became the Warchief of the Horde.
Model is made on base of Garthok.
Hero Glow is not attached, you can attach it via ability with art as path:
sharedfx\hero_glow\hero_glow

Upd: Head slightly scaled up
Previews
Contents

Ogrim Doomhammer Young (Model)

Ogrim Doomhammer Young Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
The model is a very slight variation of gar'thok. The model would be useful, but we already have two different and more characterized versions of Orgrim -Bagysta's and Sevllanto's-.
Level 10
Can you make a version with his armor? Like take dismounted Thrall and swap the head for this one? That would be neat.

Very nice model though. Glad to see people starting to make use of the reforged assets. My question to you however is: Is it about the same as making a model using vanilla ingame textures? Or is it more difficult?

Level 6
Reforged doesnt work. Warcraft 3 engine can handle so big filesize in units, models, textures... We mappers always had to have in mind that when adding models for our custom maps, to dont overwork w3 engine. Blizzard didnt change the engine for Reforged, just added lots of heavy new models and textures, what caused the game to not be able to run it and collapse. I hope they will fix the unstability issues and bugs so we can play properly again, but they wont be able to make reforged able to be played properly since simply they cant rework the engine now. So, imo, there is no point in wasting your time making reforged models since the game wont be able to run them properly.

Maybe in a small rpg map with just 2-4 players. Or a single player campaign, they could be used properly and look awesome :)

Reforged doesnt work. Warcraft 3 engine can handle so big filesize in units, models, textures... We mappers always had to have in mind that when adding models for our custom maps, to dont overwork w3 engine. Blizzard didnt change the engine for Reforged, just added lots of heavy new models and textures, what caused the game to not be able to run it and collapse. I hope they will fix the unstability issues and bugs so we can play properly again, but they wont be able to make reforged able to be played properly since simply they cant rework the engine now. So, imo, there is no point in wasting your time making reforged models since the game wont be able to run them properly.

Maybe in a small rpg map with just 2-4 players. Or a single player campaign, they could be used properly and look awesome :)

I'm doing models for my custom campaign and I just post them here, so anybody can use them.

Level 8
Being the best driver of the coolest racing car without gas to make It work :/

I still think modelers should focus on classic graphics, at least till Blizzard solves Reforged, if It can be fixed...
So, 0 care for the players of Reforged that want more than base models ?

You said '' modelers should focus on classic graphics'' but you saw all the models for classic ? Thousands ! For reforged, less than 10 ? And you think it's too much ? You still have models create for original ATM. You have tons of models for original and both game deserve something, not only original ! :O

Boycott Reforged news models wont change anything except make the game die more fast, and because of original merged with reforged, if Reforged die, the other one will follow. (Servers at least)
Also, boycott reforged new models will just block community players who play reforged (and are like you ashamed/sad of blizzard treatment for the game) and not Blizzard himself.

No offense but I dont get your selfish opinion ! :/

Level 2
Very good model but the hammer is a bit crooked, has it been an aesthetic decision or a failure?

Don't get me wrong, I love it.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Yep, but the hammer is a bit high tier and not that dark for thoses cultists IMO

I'm thinking of the Skeletal Orc as a good replacement for it (after all they were obvious Twilight's Hammer in terms of lore)

It would be nice if Drak'thul narrates living Twilight's Hammers and Stormreavers fighting against Blackrocks in the cutscene for more immersion

Orgrim should be given a beard as from the Film, so that he was truly Orgrim. for he is according to the canon such as in the film, this confirms the art of their Chronicle. He also needed Thrall's armor, since he was always in them, and after his death he handed over his armor to Thrall, it is strange to see him without his armor

Last edited: