• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Antihero Paints : DoC art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
BlackHand the Destroyer
Gol'Kosh lak'tuk to all who oppose the horde. LOK'TAR OGAR!
BlackHand_the_Destroyer_by_SicariiGS.jpg

Ogrim Doomhammer
Lok-Regar
Ogrim_DoomHammer_by_SicariiGS.jpg

Level 24
Hmm i remember seeing that first one a long time ago on wc3c.
Good work on the coloring and especially the details.
Still i think his pose and proportions still seem pretty odd.
It seems that half of his left arm got chopped off and the rest sewed togheter.

You've done a great job on the second one too, nice use of brushes on the background by the way, but again the same mistake with proportions, it just seems really odd.

I'd suggest spending more time with the sketches and try flip the image horizontal (somehow this is supposed to help).

Level 15
Yeah I'm not particularly great with proportions and I chose poses that were rather difficult.
I did a lot of sketches, especially for the first pic, unfortunately my general knowledge of proportions is just too limited to remove all mistakes.

Most likely what I need is to find a forum where people do paintovers to point out your mistakes and how to fix them.

Level 15
I don't really like paintings of just one character.

Well they are meant to showcase the main characters of DoC so the single character is purposeful.

I like the coloring. But the pose and proportions aren't very good.

I used multiple references for each character. Especially the pose of the second picture is based of a painting by the artist daarken. I tried, I really need better suggestions doing the sketching phase rather than people just stating that the proportions are off. I'm considering posting my next sketch on conceptart.org or polycount so that I can get real suggestions.

As for the coloring....well I'm a texturer, coloring is what I do best.

Level 14
Why don't you post your sketches then? And if you have difficulty with both anatomy and proportion then why don't you focus on just anatomy? It would be difficult to rush to proportion if the anatomy needs work in the first place.

Also, did you get any help from anyone at wc3c? The people there are alot more knowledgeable.

Level 15
Why don't you post your sketches then? And if you have difficulty with both anatomy and proportion then why don't you focus on just anatomy? It would be difficult to rush to proportion if the anatomy needs work in the first place.

Also, did you get any help from anyone at wc3c? The people there are alot more knowledgeable.

I posted the first image at wc3c and got some advice on anatomy. Problem is, art is something I do very sporadically. I don't really expect to improve since I don't have time to practice it. I know it's a lame excuse but its the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.