• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer (reforged)

Orgrim Doomhammer was the Warchief of the Old Horde and Chieftain of the Blackrock clan during the end of the First War and the entirety of the Second War.

I changed Thrall's hair and beard to match the look of Orgrim in the Warcraft 2 manual. I also made his skin more gray to look more like a Blackrock orc.

Finaly, i used an other wolf skin because Thrall's one his a frostwolf and so doesn't match with a blackrock orc like Orgrim is.

EDIT : UPDATE BY @Tamplier777
- renamed texture to OrgrimDoomhammer in order not to mess with thrall.

- removed all LODs from model in order to decrease filesize

- removed weapon and wolf from portrait to decrease filesize

- recolored wolf to black one

- added knife to hammer
Previews
Contents

icon (Icon)

Model & skin (Model)

portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Works ingame and is optimized.
Level 18
Would be great to have the armor revisited to look less like Thrall's one.

These golden pauldrons are clearly recognizable from afar and it'd be hard to differentiate one from the other.

In any case, great work! The portrait, icon and rider look clearly different and are pretty nice.

Level 12
I know the armor and hammer are the same ones Thrall wears, but maybe by changing the Wolf you could make this more unique-looking.

Level 18
Well, historically Thrall literaly take the Orgrims armor when old chieftan died
LOL I didn't know. I was just thinking about seeing both from afar, they would look pretty similar.

In addition, the Warcraft 2 image posted showcases 'leather, simpler armor'.

Level 34
Here we go!
Now that it no longer overwrites the skin from Thrall, it's now very cool.
I'm also looking forward to the unmounted version.
I first wanted to ask, if you wanna upload an orc-"standard green"-skin too, but then I remembered:
He never drank Mannoroth's blood!
So everything's perfect. ^^

Last edited:
Level 5
@Bagysta Nice try but honestly, it just looks like an older version of Thrall and then besides the artwork you were inspired by has been obsolete for a while now, Blizzard has formalized the last designs created by Wei Wang as the new canon designs of the main universe, well at least for the orcs characters of the Great Wars, more particularly Blackhand

I suggest you in the future to use them as inspiration for the creation of the Warlords.

For Orgrim there is the choice between his appearance of the film wearing his iconic armor (https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowp....jpg?version=e6bc6240b1ba5c35f1c06e55881530b2) or an older one that looks pretty much like your initial idea (https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowp....jpg?version=0dba7a1a104d25d21b53ceb2ec11dddb) actually, both would be awesome but in any case I sincerely think seeing your other creations that you would better creating a new model which would not be based on that of Thrall, firstly because its reforged version is not particularly great and then because its face is too recognizable as it is, personally I would work from Gar'Thok model or that of a simple Grunt and then add the armor, the Doomhammer and of course hero glow + dissipate animation.

You'll find more arts here :
Orgrim Doomhammer (film universe)