• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogres Wasteland

Reactions: PrinceYaser
Ogres Wasteland
The ogres have conquered these lands.
Will you help take them back and slay those beasts?

The Ogre´s Wasteland map is melee 1v1 map. Its in lordaeron summer tile set.

Information
Melee map
Players = 2
Green camps = 6
Orange camps = 10
Red camps = 5
Tile set = Lordaeron summer
Gold mines = 6 ( 2 = 12500 gold ) , ( 2 = 10000 gold ) , ( 2 = 16000 gold )
Goblin laboratories = 2
Goblin merchants = 2
Market places = 1
Mercenary camps = 2
Taverns = 2

Credits
TPE.YelloW - Map Creator

Authors notes
Everyone that is right here, right now on this page is supporting me.
This is my second map, now even with terrain edit.
Hope you will enjoy playing it as much as i loved creating it. :)

Changes
30/4/2017 - upload of map
1/5/2017 - update ( suggested by community )
23/5/2017 - replace drake at gold mine with golem, remade into 1v1, new path in middle, nerfed mercenary camp drops, the red gold mine next to player set to 9k gold, lower ammount of critters
25/5/2017 - changed mines 9k > 10k , 12,5k > 16k , added grass dirt tile , added some doodads , changed ogre drop to only lvl 5 perma item
Contents

Ogres Wasteland (Map)

Reviews
Wardota2 Gamer
Wow pretty good map here is my review: -The terrain looks good -the cliffs are too square -Creeps are too near to the bases -Balanced gameplay -terrain based on lordaeron and barrens tilesets -enemies bases are too too near easy for them to win...
Nihilism_Is_Death
Here's my review PROS: nice terrain plenty of expansions reasonable creep camps I like the idea of creep camps blocked off in the corners CONS: start locations are to close to each other doesn't totally feel like an ogre wasteland but feels like a...
deepstrasz
Changes made. Approved.
Level 14
Wow pretty good map here is my review:

-The terrain looks good
-the cliffs are too square
-Creeps are too near to the bases
-Balanced gameplay
-terrain based on lordaeron and barrens tilesets
-enemies bases are too too near easy for them to win

That was all of my review there was no problems at the terraing but some of the cliffs ramps are too square.But again awsome map I would rate 2/5 needs more improvement.Aparantly I enjoyed playing with it nice job! Hope you bring more joy to all the players out there.Keep up the good work!

Level 5
Wow pretty good map here is my review:

-The terrain looks good
-the cliffs are too square
-Creeps are too near to the bases
-Balanced gameplay
-terrain based on lordaeron and barrens tilesets
-enemies bases are too too near easy for them to win

That was all of my review there was no problems at the terraing but some of the cliffs ramps are too square.But again awsome map I would rate 2/5 needs more improvement.Aparantly I enjoyed playing with it nice job! Hope you bring more joy to all the players out there.Keep up the good work!
Hey,
i changed everything you have suggested.
Maybe you can do a new review on my map? :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Try naming your map (file/.w3x) (4)Ogre Wasteland for instance as it's shorter and appropriate for a melee map. I had to rename it to see it in the custom game section.
Rune of Rebirth for a Gnoll Overseer is pretty tough.
It is utterly prone to rushes (even maybe with Ancient of War).
It follows a somewhat distorted symmetry.

You could recreate it in order to increase its size.

Set to Awaiting Update.

======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 5
Try naming your map (file/.w3x) (4)Ogre Wasteland for instance as it's shorter and appropriate for a melee map. I had to rename it to see it in the custom game section.
Rune of Rebirth for a Gnoll Overseer is pretty tough.
It is utterly prone to rushes (even maybe with Ancient of War).
It follows a somewhat distorted symmetry.

You could recreate it in order to increase its size.

Set to Awaiting Update.

======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
Hey,
so you think i should do new map exactly the same, but larger? ( and try to balance it more)

Here's my review

PROS:
  • nice terrain
  • plenty of expansions
  • reasonable creep camps
  • I like the idea of creep camps blocked off in the corners
CONS:
  • start locations are to close to each other
  • doesn't totally feel like an ogre wasteland but feels like a forest map
  • to many critters on such a small map could be too good for undead players
Suggestions:
  • make map strictly 1v1 where each player spawns in the diagonal position because players start to close to each other and makes rush strategies the only good strategy
  • Add more doodads that make the map feel more like a wasteland and less like a forest. you could use the bones rib doodad for instance
Conclusion:
Overall I enjoyed the terrain of the map and think it will be enjoyable to play 1v1 :)

Level 5
Here's my review

PROS:
  • nice terrain
  • plenty of expansions
  • reasonable creep camps
CONS:
Suggestions:
  • make map strictly 1v1 where each player spawns in the diagonal position because players start to close to each other and makes rush strategies the only good strategy
  • Add more doodads that make the map feel more like a wasteland and less like a forest. you could use the bones rib doodad for instance
Conclusion:
Overall I enjoyed the terrain of the map and think it will be enjoyable to play 1v1 :)
I will surely realize your idea. Now im making this map a bit larger and it will be alot different from this one, it will be playable 2V2 or FFA.
like u said making this map 1V1 and balance more creep camps will be done, but i need time so it doesnt look worse :)

Hey, man! Just some reviews:

Firstly about terrain always:
  • Well, that would be better if you use terrain itself instead of cliffs. That's way a trick of terraining.
  • Try to add Grassy Dirt tile of Ashenvale to have smooth edges of Grass.
  • Use all of tiles you have here. You can use Grassy Dirt of Lordaeron Summer to have a tile rage. It's just like drawing, Like having a color rage.
  • Make the terrain of the map more smoother. It has been too messed up now. Just use a bit of Plateau tool.
  • Hmmm, creep units could have been chosen more different. However, that's not such a big problem. I like creeps placing.
  • You could free more distance between the player base and the main freeway. That could do some arrangements btw.
  • You could use much more doodads. It looks too empty now I think. Use some torches, flowers, grasses, etc.
  • The map is big for just two players. Maybe add some players or size down the map?
  • I think you've putting up so much items for creeps to drop after killing them. However, this is not also such a big problem.
  • I think the gold mines should have 15000 instead of 9000 gold units except of players' goldmines.
  • I like the mixing of tiles you used! That's a nice point. However, this would be good:
Try to add Grassy Dirt tile of Ashenvale to have smooth edges of Grass.

Second about overall things and the map:
  • I think you should remove the trees in front of south east and north west creeps of the map. No player will cut those trees to reach those creep units imo.
  • No other suggestions!

Overall, a good map you have here! I rate this map 3/5 and +2 rep for the effort. You can tell me if you are uncomfortable with my review and I'll remove it as you wish.

Just believe yourself to create great maps! (Well, that's my slogan in each review of me! :p)

Level 14
Well you asked me so here is my 2nd review:

1.Your terrain looks good but the plane is to flat you need to follow what @PrinceYaser said.
2.The map is too big for a 1v1 player you have to like make it 1v1v1 3 players all and all.
3.The items are balanced and there seems to be a problem it looks like all the item or some are actually not random like items on the ogre he will drop a demonic figuren and in the other ogre creep that is what he also dropped and so all of the creeps are too desame or just semetrical just try to make it radom items like random lvl3 campgain,purchasable and many more items just make it well balanced.
4.You could actually put some trees on the side on the boundary because it's just anoying for me because I am used to Blizzard melee maps.

Well that was all of my review though maybe I should not have 2nd reviewed is that on the rules? bahh

Rated the map 4/5

=================================================================

Overall the map is good but there are a lot of problems such as terraining,cliffs,the,trees,creeps,balancing items thats all that is needed in your melee map you and if should you follow all of the review like @PrinceYaser's review and @deepstrasz maybe or this will be approved soon

And again in again I enjoyed playing the map as well as you making the map.That was all Keep up the good work!

Level 5
Hey, man! Just some reviews:

Firstly about terrain always:
  • Well, that would be better if you use terrain itself instead of cliffs. That's way a trick of terraining.
  • Try to add Grassy Dirt tile of Ashenvale to have smooth edges of Grass.
  • Use all of tiles you have here. You can use Grassy Dirt of Lordaeron Summer to have a tile rage. It's just like drawing, Like having a color rage.
  • Make the terrain of the map more smoother. It has been too messed up now. Just use a bit of Plateau tool.
  • Hmmm, creep units could have been chosen more different. However, that's not such a big problem. I like creeps placing.
  • You could free more distance between the player base and the main freeway. That could do some arrangements btw.
  • You could use much more doodads. It looks too empty now I think. Use some torches, flowers, grasses, etc.
  • The map is big for just two players. Maybe add some players or size down the map?
  • I think you've putting up so much items for creeps to drop after killing them. However, this is not also such a big problem.
  • I think the gold mines should have 15000 instead of 9000 gold units except of players' goldmines.
  • I like the mixing of tiles you used! That's a nice point. However, this would be good:

Second about overall things and the map:
  • I think you should remove the trees in front of south east and north west creeps of the map. No player will cut those trees to reach those creep units imo.
  • No other suggestions!

Overall, a good map you have here! I rate this map 3/5 and +2 rep for the effort. You can tell me if you are uncomfortable with my review and I'll remove it as you wish.

Just believe yourself to create great maps! (Well, that's my slogan in each review of me! :p)
Hey thanks for review and for new ideas. I will use some of them to improve map looks. Im totally fine with your review. :)

Level 5
Well you asked me so here is my 2nd review:

1.Your terrain looks good but the plane is to flat you need to follow what @PrinceYaser said.
2.The map is too big for a 1v1 player you have to like make it 1v1v1 3 players all and all.
3.The items are balanced and there seems to be a problem it looks like all the item or some are actually not random like items on the ogre he will drop a demonic figuren and in the other ogre creep that is what he also dropped and so all of the creeps are too desame or just semetrical just try to make it radom items like random lvl3 campgain,purchasable and many more items just make it well balanced.
4.You could actually put some trees on the side on the boundary because it's just anoying for me because I am used to Blizzard melee maps.

Well that was all of my review though maybe I should not have 2nd reviewed is that on the rules? bahh

Rated the map 4/5

=================================================================

Overall the map is good but there are a lot of problems such as terraining,cliffs,the,trees,creeps,balancing items thats all that is needed in your melee map you and if should you follow all of the review like @PrinceYaser's review and @deepstrasz maybe or this will be approved soon

And again in again I enjoyed playing the map as well as you making the map.That was all Keep up the good work!
Thanks for review and new ideas like i answered to PrinceYaser i will use some of them to improve the map. :)

Level 5
Here's my review

PROS:
  • nice terrain
  • plenty of expansions
  • reasonable creep camps
CONS:
Suggestions:
Conclusion:
Made some changes. But i wont change the size of map or players i like the map as it is like now, added grass dirt but in the different way then u wanted me to do it, smoothered the terrain , added doodads , also i like the trees next to middle gnoll camp, changed the mines ( the mine with 10k gold have such a small amount because its next to players base).