• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogre's Revenge Chapter1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Raven0
this is a short cinematic that shows an ogre revenge with the peoples betrayed him
Thanks for the models chilla_killla
Faith23 said:
Thanks for CloudWlf for terrains
[broke=Give Credits for chilla_killa,Cloudwolf,kabateka ]credits[/broke]

Keywords:
cinematic,war,battle,world,ogre,revenge,rpg,cool,models.
Contents

Ogre's Revenge Chapter1 (Map)

Reviews
13:41, 25th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: (Map) Presentation Comment

M

13:41, 25th Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected
Broken Rules:
(Map) Presentation
Comment

Level 15
Improve description please

Lol Guys this is cinematic, why do you need description, just download and watch it... Don't you think it would fail if he tells us story???

Review
--------------------------------
Terrain
Terrain is using very nice custom trees, and it's very good, but u can improve it more :p 4/5.
Camera
Hmm, the camera is not very good, it's not moving also, you only pan camera "place to place".
2.5/5
Idea
I think this idea is very nice + i realy love ogre race so it's 4.5/5 :p.
Fun
It's very funny cinematic, i like when ogres explode :D... 4/5.
Overall
Overall it's quite good cinematic, and funny to watch.
0-4=Unacceptable
4-8=Not so good
8-12=Okay
12-16=Great
16-20=Awesome
Your Rating
4+2.5+4.5+4=15 Points :p
So its Great Cinematic :p

Last edited:
Level 15
- The camera action was smooth and well-made
- The fight scene was cool

- You need to close the map at the end, right now people have to force quit out
- Color the name's of the people speaking different then what they are saying
- Loads of grammar errors, I would reccomend having someone comb through you'r map and fix them (I might do this later)
- You need to work more with the camera angle at a few points, like when you were first introducing the two dragon warriors you should have the camera in front of their faces at eye-level
- I think you should remove those white-orb things on the landscape (use the fog doodad from the UTM instead)
- Give explicit credits. What exactly did Chilla_killa/Cloudwolf do or what resources of them are you using?

Looks good so far, hope to see more from you in the future ^-^

Level 22
Cameras are alright, but need lots of polish. For example, at the start you can see the end of the map, which looks really ugly.
And some of the cameras go through objects, which is never a good thing.
Everything went really fast too. It reminded me a bit of a Michael Bay movie. xP

The terrain needs to be improved as well. I'm not sure why, but it looks kinda messy to me.
I think you used a bit too much of those custom cloud models.

The dialogue, welll... your English is really bad.
Sometimes I couldn't even understand what they were saying, literally. :eek:

What I liked was the imported music. Actually all of the imported files are used really well.

And like Raven said, you should also close the map after the cinematic is over.

I'll give it a 2/5 for now, but I might give it a higher rating once you update this map.

Moderation

Ogre's Revenge Chapter1
Created by -=Fiath23=- ; Uploaded by: Faith23

Huge file size because of imported music.
You have imported FullScreen.blp file but you miss
LoadingScreen.mdx file for showing it...
Instead of war3mapMap.blp use war3MapPreview.tga (without wc3imported\)

Payload Size: 4053976 bytes
Header found at: 0 bytes
Length: 169 seconds
MPEG-1 layer 3
192 kbps, approx. 809 frames
44100 Hz Joint Stereo

CRC: No, Copyrighted: No
Original: No, Emphasis: None

Shrink file pls, for mp3 file without voice even 32 kbps can do (size will be around 6 times smaller)

Now about terrain, very very bad, I like only ogre house inside or whatever. Clouds look horrible, trees are placed next to each other (we don't create melee map here)... Use rise and lower tool a little, add shrubs rocks, flowers and so on...
Background with river, lake and waterfall always look awesome!

Import glowing effects as well as some fog effects and replace clouds... (Ultimate terrain map or check THW resources)

Camera movement is really bad, camera should not stop, anytime (there are some cases when it should but forget about it for now)...

Few tips and tricks -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/cinematics-268/tips-tricks-cinema-39854/

Story is bad without more info...
You need to explain battle between humans and ogres a little more...

Add trigger that will end cinematic if we hit ESC button.

Sorry buddy, to many errors for now... Please if you decide to improve map just update this one and send message to us, we will unlock thread for you once again!

I attached file to post, use it for loading screen!
Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
(Map) Presentation
Thread Cleaned:
/

Level 2
Lol Guys this is cinematic, why do you need description, just download and watch it... Don't you think it would fail if he tells us story???

Review
--------------------------------
Terrain
Terrain is using very nice custom trees, and it's very good, but u can improve it more :p 4/5.
Camera
Hmm, the camera is not very good, it's not moving also, you only pan camera "place to place".
2.5/5
Idea
I think this idea is very nice + i realy love ogre race so it's 4.5/5 :p.
Fun
It's very funny cinematic, i like when ogres explode :D... 4/5.
Overall
Overall it's quite good cinematic, and funny to watch.
0-4=Unacceptable
4-8=Not so good
8-12=Okay
12-16=Great
16-20=Awesome
Your Rating
4+2.5+4.5+4=15 Points :p
So its Great Cinematic :p

Then can you give me a few good reasons why he shouldn't?
And by improving description you dont really need to spoil the cinematic , you can tell the background story , characters and so on .
So now , tell me why shouldn't he improve the description to make it more informative(at least a decent one , not one with just a few lines of text)