• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogre Mound (Gold Mine)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I'm making an Ogre race, and upon searching for the old Warcraft II styled Ogre Mound that used to be here, I found that it has since been taken down and there have been several people asking for a new one. So here is my attempt at retexturing a Gold Mine model into an Ogre Mound. It was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be, and it would appear that there is nothing I can do about the little bit of red that's on the right side of the entrance. If one looks carefully, they'll find that this little wrapping error (at least I'm assuming it's a wrapping error) is also present on the regular Gold Mine model (on which it's yellow instead of red). I tried editing it, but I wasn't able to do anything to it without making it look worse, so I just left it. If anyone else thinks that they could edit this model to make it look even better, then by all means, go ahead.

NOTE: Despite the fact that the textures used *do* have the same names as existing textures for the regular gold mine, they do *not* have the same directory (which is quite deliberate) and they will *not* overwrite any default textures. Put all three of them into the root directory, and not into the directories where the regular Gold Mine textures go, otherwise *all* of your Gold Mines will be turned to Ogre Mounds, and in all probability, you really don't want that.

Textures:
Chest.blp
Goldmine.blp
GoldmineUberSplat.blp

Credits are not required, but are certainly appreciated.
Feel free to distribute this model wherever you like.
Feel free to edit this model in any way that you please.

Keywords:
Ogre, Ogres, Ogre Mound, Mound, Gold Mine, Goldmine, Gold, Mine, Dunemaul
Contents

Ogre Mound (Gold Mine) (Model)

Reviews
06:51, 16th Nov 2011 Frankster: Way too simple and unpolished. Please read the rules.

M

06:51, 16th Nov 2011
Frankster:

Way too simple and unpolished.
Please read the rules.