• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oddworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I used to be obsessed with the oddworld universe when I was a brat...And last week I felt like Abe's Exoddus again and it brought back good memories...So good that I want to make a model pack with all Oddworld creatures and doodads I can.
I'll start with the wildlife, so I finished the Scrab so far, as you can see.

Next is the paramite, I just started it.
I first want to have all the models ready, then I'll texture and animate them. Don't ask me if I'll release them, because I will.

update: finished paramite

Attachments

• scrab_viewport.jpg
    scrab_viewport.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 413
  • scrab_viewport_wire.jpg
    scrab_viewport_wire.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 784
  • paramite_viewport.jpg
    paramite_viewport.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 359
  • paramite_viewport_wire.jpg
    paramite_viewport_wire.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I used to be obsessed with the oddworld universe when I was a brat...And last week I felt like Abe's Exoddus again and it brought back good memories...So good that I want to make a model pack with all Oddworld creatures and doodads I can.

Now looks promising. Keep up the good work.

I've played Abe's Oddyssey and even if its extremely difficult, it packs a lot of fun.

Are you also going to make creatures from the Xbox versions? Because Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is also an awesome game.

Level 7
Are you also going to make that Half Scarab Half Paramite God (Shrykull I think it's called,) creature? It's the creature you transform into and then these bolts of lightning shoot out every where out of it's body.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Are you also going to make that Half Scarab Half Paramite God (Shrykull I think it's called,) creature? It's the creature you transform into and then these bolts of lightning shoot out every where out of it's body.
dude, I know what that is, I finished the game more than once, you don't have to explain. And I'll probably make it as an alternate ability for the mudokon.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
It's really easy actually. You just need a good base to start from. A very basic block-in of the main shape which to divide and sculpt to the result you want. For example this was the basic block-in for the paramite:
paramitebasicblockincw5.jpg

you don't have to worry about topology on the blocking in stage. This is not one of the best examples though, for an even better base (but that is more usefull when modeling high poly) should consist only of quads.

Status
Not open for further replies.