• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Odd flamethrower problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey, ive made a trigger that shoots off the hellion's flamethrower (yes DSG) and now im getting that the damage is some random number between 10 and like 200. If anyone could help? also, if anyone could find the legendary lost posts that i posted the day before and they werent there the day after lol.

• Atk
    • Events
      • UI - Player Any Player clicks Left mouse button Down.
    • Local Variables
      • tempPlayer = 0 <Integer>
      • tempPlayerGroup = (Empty player group) <Player Group>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Variable - Set tempPlayer = (Triggering player)
      • Player Group - Add player tempPlayer to tempPlayerGroup
      • General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
        • If
          • (Player tempPlayer Minerals) == 0
        • Then
            • If
              • Ron[tempPlayer] == false
              • (Player 1 Vespene) >= 1
            • Then
                • If
                  • (Player 1 Vespene) >= 8
                • Then
                  • Variable - Set Ron[tempPlayer] = true
                  • UI - Display "Reloading..." for tempPlayerGroup to Error area
                  • General - Wait 3.0 Real Time seconds
                  • UI - Display "Reloaded" for tempPlayerGroup to Error area
                  • Player - Modify player tempPlayer Minerals: Set To 8
                  • Variable - Set Ron[tempPlayer] = false
                • Else
                  • Player - Modify player tempPlayer Minerals: Set To (Player 1 Vespene)
            • Else
                • If
                  • Ron[tempPlayer] == false
                • Then
                  • UI - Display "Error : No Ammo Remaining " for tempPlayerGroup to Error area
                • Else
        • Else
          • Point - Move GlobalPoint To (Point((Mouse X position clicked in the world), (Mouse Y position clicked in the world)))
          • Unit - Make RedHero face GlobalPoint over 0.0 seconds
          • Animation - Play Attack Default animation for (Actor for RedHero) as Default, using Play Forever options and Default Time blend time
          • Variable - Set Atf[1][1] = false
          • Variable - Set Atf[2][1] = false
          • Variable - Set Atf[4][1] = false
          • Variable - Set Atf[3][1] = false
          • Point - Move GlobalPoint2 To ((Position of RedHero) offset by 2.0 towards (Facing of RedHero) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Hellion for player 1 at GlobalPoint2 facing (Facing of RedHero) degrees (Ignore Placement)
          • Environment - Execute Hellion - Infernal Flame Thrower (Create Persistent) on (Last created unit) from RedHero
          • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
          • Player - Modify player 1 Minerals: Subtract 1
          • Player - Modify player 1 Vespene: Subtract 1
          • UI - Display ("Abberation Health : " + (Text((Aberration [110.29, 171.94] Life (Current))) with Any Precision decimal places)) for tempPlayerGroup to Error area

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What sounds like is happening is each area search the helion does is resulting in damage instead of it allowing damage only once. Because a unit can appear in multiple searches it normally makes a pool to keep track of those already affect. It sounds like your pool is not working so it instead damages all units for every step the flame makes.

Try experimenting with the effect data. The relation ships are not fully know by me. Perhapes the set effect is important for example.

Level 19
Well, ive tried it and it doesnt work. I think the problem is the effect Set is a unit and adds it to the pool you were talking about and i was using a dummy unit for the fire so it sets the dummy unit and the others arnt added onto the pool. any ideas :confused: i cant find anything. even setting damage dealt to 1 causes the hellion to do 40-60 damage

Level 19
I did. it links directly to the new one and randomly does 40-50 damage...........

heres the map if u wantsa look at it i have no fin clue :confused:

Attachments

• dsfg.SC2Map
    392.3 KB · Views: 65
Level 19
Wow..

this is the only option i have also -.- all other options ive tried hurt allies

edit : this is quite odd, it seems i fixed the problem by removing the unit type of Light from the test aberration.. the glitch mite be because i removed the extra damage to light units.
Ill look into it later. for now, +rep.

edit : nvm, the problem wasnt caused by it because i removed the wrong one lol... even doing 1 damage +0 to light, still does 10-11 damage

edit : DSG, are you the only mod of this section besides globals? lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.