• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Occupation? Future? Dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So what does everybody do for a living? What are your future dreams?

Education:
I am studdying at a HTX (Higher Technical Examination) which would correspond to a technical focused high school exam.

After HTX I am hopefully gonna make it in to the Computer Science Acadamy to study as programmer taking focus on Web Development.

Personal:
I am engaged with my lovely girl ^^.. Hopefully we will find an appartment soon and then move together ;)..

Now, what about you?

Level 9
Education:
The internet

Current goal:
I am 3 paychecks away from buying a bus and converting it into a home

Future goal:
Move to India to persue a life of ancient spiritual practice for good.

Alternative goal:
Take on the governing systems of the US of NA by learning what a lawyer is taught (by the internet), possibly become a mayor or governor, or both. I don't know about becoming president, though i believe i would have a good shot at it by the average person's standards, according to my politics (the way i can relate by the way i can formulate a convincing statement.. of truth, for truth. I don't lie, so not by lies.)
I'd hope to destroy significant ignorance in all people regarding their place in this reality and especially the ignorance that has filled religion, and in doing so unite people under common, basic understanding of the human nature.

I hate politics and would rather be alone, so that's why politics is in second order.

Barriers:
Myself. When i get worked up over injustices, or i start formulating ideas, i will quickly get a surge of information that drains me to the point of having to stop myself (giving up), and assume that it is futile. This tends to happen when i think on a grand scale of change, and how to go about doing it. But hopefully sometime i will take that action that will actualy amount to something, and not JUST a paper, or movie.

Oh yeah, i want to direct some movies i have in mind.

Personal:
I can't help but feel women to be like my own mother, or a sister, and since i am asexual as it is (asexual, not non-functioning), am pretty sure i will die alone - but happily as i am 95% of the time content with myself, soon to be 98% : )

I currently work at a hotel doing very easy manual labor.

Thanks for letting me share.

Level 8
Wow.. thats really some kind of goal :O .. I am impressed of how well formed your ideas of your future is.. I like your first goal a lot .. :p

I would like to travel around the world aswell, but I am being more "beyond that kind of thing focused"..

Level 8
Kaitech[SanD];402525 said:
Current: I r teh student in year 8 :p

After that: I plan to go to a really good computer college and become a programmer

Alternative: Become a rocker! I'm writing a rock song at the moment :p

Nice xD.. I like playing music aswell.. Just got myself a Firewire Audio Interface for recording some guitar stuff :p ..

Short future:
I'd like to find a band (or gather one) to jam with..

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49

Goal:
1. To manage to finish my education with good results, enter a university outside the Bulgarian borders.
2. Become an architect and inherit the family business.
3. Alternate goal: become a writer or artist (I'm good at both, but not too much).

Level 8
Kaitech[SanD];402546 said:
What kinda rock music do you like anyways? I can tell you like rock music, due to your hair :D I like Real Rock, like ACDC, Guns n Roses, Led Zepp and Tenacious D :p

I like almost anything related to rock.. Rock'n Roll, Metal, Heavy Metal, Screamo, Grindcore, Hardcore, Alternative, etc.. The band that got me in to the music is Metallica.. I think they're great though I have gone beyond to more hardcore stuff..

Anyways.. Anyone else wanna share your future dreams?

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
It's not that they suck so much. It's the fact that there are more and better job opportunities in the other countries (Central Europe or U.S.) than there are in Bulgaria. Attending a foreign university can get me started on a new life in a new country where I can earn better etc.

Level 13
If things go right for me I'd love kids with someone I have in mind. As far as a job goes... the military looks more and more inviting. I WANTED to fly for a living, in fact I just had my final flight exam on the 13th, just waiting to see if I passed or not. Unfortunately I am color blind and no one, I repeat no one hires color blind pilots. My dad owns his own construction management firm, I'm thinking about going there, he makes great money doing that.

Level 15
Education:
Completed a university degree in computer engineering. Planning to start a master's degree in computer science soon.

Job:
Software development as my day job.
Music and audio engineering as a side job.

Personal:
I'm saving to buy a house of my own. Staying with family or renting an apartment is not the best arrangement. Unfortunately, house prices in southern California are inflated beyond all reason...

Level 13
You are 16 and you think of kids?

On a few occasions it's be literally dreaming. The chance to bring a child into the world and shape it into the person you want them to be, that's just too tempting. I'm sure the person that I want to have them with would agree.

Level 19
On a few occasions it's be literally dreaming. The chance to bring a child into the world and shape it into the person you want them to be, that's just too tempting. I'm sure the person that I want to have them with would agree.
Okay. But it's not possible to shape somebody the way we want. The older we get the more we will think on our own and even what we were tought when we were kids can change in our minds. You don't need to dream of children yet. Children will take a big deal of your money, time and effort. They are a great responsibility. Just first pray that you will find the right woman you want to spend the rest of your life like I do. I'm just hoping that I would find somebody. And oh it won't be as easy to get children with everybody as it would seem. Some people might not even want to have children. Making children is so much harder for women than men. I'm glad that I'm a man because I'm a coward.

Level 13
Okay. But it's not possible to shape somebody the way we want.

Most of your post I'd agree with, but it's not impossible... most people end up like how you said because they get outside opinions, from school, TV, things like. A life of isolation, however, could be different. Being home schooled on a farm out in the middle of nowhere would produce a much different person then someone in a city going to a public school. The child's whole life would be mostly what their parents taught them. I'm not saying it's 100% but there's a fairly large chance they'd come to think that way for the most part in their adult life.

In my perfect lil' world at least.

Level 27
A life of isolation, however, could be different. Being home schooled on a farm out in the middle of nowhere would produce a much different person then someone in a city going to a public school. The child's whole life would be mostly what their parents taught them. I'm not saying it's 100% but there's a fairly large chance they'd come to think that way for the most part in their adult life.
If your children are anything like me, then it's more like 0.5%, but I'd be surprised if they were anything like me.

Goals: Financial freedom through entrepreneurial efforts. Then, maybe a private island, but at least somewhere private.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Education
Currently I am half way thru S4 at high school studying a larg variety of sciences.

In 2 years time I hope to go to eithor Glasgow or Strathclyde univercity to study somthing involving computers (not yet decided wheather it should be programming, hardware development, science or graphic related). Then get a doctorate in which ever I choose.

After that
I might go on to study business a year or two then get a well paid job for little work (something high up) and earn a lot of money.

I may also write some program that will earn me a lot of money but only time can tell.

Level 9

Drood, i recently read the words of a spiritual master. He said don't try to make your children like you, but rather try to be more like them.

I'm right there with you in this regard, and i'm not saying you want them to be like you, or would aggressively force them to be something by doing something, but they're still wise words nonetheless.

I guess it can be better put this way; Direct them, but don't do their acting for them.. Nor let them take over your job. And make sure they get proper discipline.

Well, whatever you do, i hope you are succcessful and well.

Level 8
Current goal:
Get better with the guitar and record som good stuff..
I've setup a small home studio and started recording som random stuff.. I just sit down and "let the fingers do the walking" while i record.. Unfortunately I'm not very skilled yet so I guess I'll be taking some more lessons and stuff..

Also I wan't to get one of my thousands of website projects up and running.. Allmost there ^^

Level 36
I want to run my own business, or do management/consulting for other firms. I plan to take Business at the Richard Ivey School of Business.

An alternative would be for me to write books, since that's what I've always wanted to do, but you can't really make a living writing, unless you get lucky and make it big.

Level 6
Right now I'm part time mailman, rest time slacker heh.
I just need to figure out what I want to do for a living, go to school for it, move out, find the love of my life and live happily ever after. That's not going very well at all though.
Crud.

Status
Not open for further replies.