• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Object Editor Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1. When importing an icon, how do i make the new icon show the Disabled version instead of a big green box when it's disabled through things like Silence?

2. And is there a formula i can plug in when Auto Filling the text of the different levels of a spell? Its kind of tedius going into each level and changing a number.

Level 13
1. Art- Icon - Turn Off
Thats the line in the object editor which you'd want to fill up with the icon.

2. Not sure, what you are referring to, but you can copy paste a line to have similar texts in each level, there are some data strings that you can Use, but they don't always work correctly, specifically when you modify your spells, so I never use those.

1. If you DL-ed from Hive you have all the icon paths dispayed at the bottom of the icon resource.

they are like:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNicon.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNicon.blp

DISBTN applies automaticly, you just need to get the right path ;)

2. Dunno, never really tried :< , I always write up "custom" tooltips :p

Level 12
Solution to the 2nd question....
Say you begin with level 1:
Sacrifices a target friendly Undead unit to convert <AUdr,DataA1,%>% of its hit points into mana for the Lich.
Just enter the autofill menu, see that it starts with level 1 and replaces it with level 1 and click ok. It'll nearly always be like this by default so you won't have to worry about it and just click ok. For level 2 you'll get this:
Sacrifices a target friendly Undead unit to convert <AUdr,DataA2,%>% of its hit points into mana for the Lich.
What the autofill does is look at the text in each level and find a number similar to the number of the level it's checking, which it then replaces with the number it's told to replace. It's really a smart tool when you know how to use it.
WARNING: Be careful when you use custom abilities and buffs that include A001 and B001: the tool will replace them too! In these cases you'll just have to write by yourself a line or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.