• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Object Editor > Abilities > Custom Ability issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I will try my best to explain this and keep it simple.

I have created 4 custom abilities while using the Mortar-Team 'flare' ability as the base. My goal was to give a unit/building four different types of flare abilities in which I have added triggers on (such as spawning units where the flare goes, giving buff to that area etc.). I've got all the triggers to work perfectly and there's no issue there. The issue I have is that the abilities although different seem to have the same parent or hidden ID per-say.

Let's say that I have 4 custom abilities - each named A B C and D.When I select B - it will automatically select 'D' instead and give 'D' the cooldown timer. When I select A it will then select C (this is when D is in cool-down). The point is I can't seem to select A without D C and B being in cool-down. One more weird thing that seems to be happening is that when I select one and cast the ability (whichever it is) the other four abilities have a colored outline on its icon.

I already changed button position (x & y) to be different from each other.

It almost feels they have a hidden ID within them and its telling the unit that you've used this ability already so we will use them in order and they will act as "ammo" rather than hey, these are seperate abilities. You can use A, then C, then D, and B rather than it working in order no matter which one you select first.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you!

Level 21
correct. they all have the same base ability Id. They have to be based off of different abilities for the same unit to be able to use all of them.

you can base them all off of the Channel ability which is the only ability that lets you switch the base ability Id that it activates.

Edit: if you want to use the abilities you have - create 4 "dummy" abilities (with different base abilities). when the building casts each one of those have a dummy unit cast the relevant flare ability on the target.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.