• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

number of downloads - not by bots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Impossible to know for sure. But good bots know not to follow links marked as rel="nofollow".
1616016259194.png

Level 21
ok, I don't really get how bots work and if they try to download things or not, or their relationship with html stuff. I just assumed that if you know which accounts currently using the hive are bots - that means you have a way to identify them. But basically you are saying that the downloaders should pretty much be real people. cool.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Yeah ideally. I mean I cannot be certain, but the web standards dictate that bots must not follow the links when I set those properties on the links. But it's actually a good idea to hook into the forum system's bot detection and try to filter out potential false positives.

EDIT: I will roll up an update to this soon. Thanks for the tip <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.