Attachment Download Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Is it just me, or the download counter for the attachments is bugged? The download is working normally, otherwise someone else would have reported, but I don't think anyone realized yet the counter has 'stopped'?

• Although there are some more people signing up for the Terraining Challenge (see link in my signature), the download counter has been stuck in 108 for quite some time.
  • My Darnassus Melee Map (again reference in signature) has got no downloads. But a friend of mine said he would download it, although I'm not sure if he already did. Of course, Warcraft III forum is down on the list, but wouldn't one or another guy download to give it a try?
  • Additionally, the attachments no longer show after you have edited your post (for images, at least), you have to re-load the page in order to see them.
    Not exactly related with the topic, but could be a bug and could have something to do with the main bug I'm reporting.

~Thank you for your time

Level 15
vBulletin has an option in which it keeps track of all the attachment downloads but only updates them every hour. It makes the database more efficient and faster to do it that way.

If download count is updated right away, it causes a flush of the attachments table each time an attachment is viewed. This can slow the database down a little bit, especially if there are a lot of attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.