• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

NPC units won't cast abilities. I require aid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So i'm new to the Hive (hello everyone! :grin: ) and i require help from you good people.
I'm making my own version of the Firelands Raid from WoW, with some changes to the boss fights. I'm only at the first boss, Shannox, and i've already encountered a problem.
Shannox will not cast abilities. i have tried triggers with timed actions targeting a unit, this didnt work, and the same except targeting a point (i just want him to cast shockwave! :ogre_rage: )
the trigger in it's current state is the following:
Events
Time- Every 22.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Owner of Shannox 0000 <gen>) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
Actions
Unit- Order Shannox 0000 <gen> to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Center of Region 001 <gen>)

Now, i am by no means exceptionally good with triggers, but this seems like it should work! i have a trigger identical to this except it's every 5 seconds and the Action is a training order to Shannox (the principal of this fight is that Shannox spawns an Immolation Bomb every five seconds which deal around 300 damage in an AoE upon death, and every 50 seconds shannox detonates all the currently spawned Immolation Bombs, about five bombs detonating at once is enough to kill a player, so it's important to kill each bomb as it spawns) and this works as intended.
i also tried to make him cast a custom ability based on Channel, this didn't work either.
And i have yet to figure out the abilities for Riplimb and Rageface, his two Adds present during the fight. even worse, i have to figure out the abilities for the rest of the Firelands bosses! i'll have to learn how to make and properly trigger custom abilities...
please, if anyone can help me with the above trigger, i'd be very grateful. I'm not very "pro" when it comes to triggers so please try keep your answers simple :p
Thank you. :thumbs_up:

Level 1
i just double-checked if the unit had the ability, he had shockwave as his defaultability but not in his list of normal abilities. Wow, i feel stupid >.< it works as intended now.
thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.