• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Targeted Unit/Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My trigger is not working. This portion...
  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (3.00 x ((Percentage mana of Dummy Unit(Magic) 0000 <gen>) x 0.10)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
Here is the entire trigger if you need it.
  • ManaWipe
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to ManaWipe
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (100 + %) above Muradin Bronzebeard 0002 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Damage Increase <gen>
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Damage Increase <gen>
      • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (3.00 x ((Percentage mana of Dummy Unit(Magic) 0000 <gen>) x 0.10)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Unit - Set mana of Dummy Unit(Magic) 0000 <gen> to 0.00
But the damage wont go to the unit having the ability cast on them. What am I doing wrong /cry +rep for help

Level 6
I changed everything you told me to.

Its not the person casting its the person having it cast on. He doesn't take damage.

Level 6
If you're at all curious...I think I fixed it...I think.

• ManaWipe
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to ManaWipe
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (100 + %) above Muradin Bronzebeard 0002 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Trigger - Turn on Damage Increase <gen>
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 6.00 seconds of radius 15.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)), dealing (3.00 + ((Percentage mana of Dummy Unit(Magic) 0000 <gen>) / 8.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Damage Increase <gen>
      • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
      • Unit - Set mana of Dummy Unit(Magic) 0000 <gen> to 0.00

EDIT: Nvm that trigger above did not work...however I just used a variable to set the unit within a region to the unit thats going to take the damage. Thanks for you're help..REP+
Then I have a trigger which moves region to position of unit every 0.1 sec...

Status
Not open for further replies.