• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why won't the hero cast the ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • Locust Swarm
  • Events
  • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Set Loc = (Random point in (Playable map area))
  • Unit - Create 1 Caster Unit for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Caster region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Hero - Learn skill for (Last created unit): Carrion Swarm
  • Sound - Play Warning <gen>
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cff400080Locust Sw...
  • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at Loc for 10.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm Loc
  • Wait 10.00 seconds
  • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

IS their something wrong? Because the unit that spawns wont cast the locust swarm.

*Update: the first time he "casts" it, i can hear the ability, and when "iseedeadpeople" is enabled, i see no locust swarm...?

Last edited:
Level 2
Is the unit you created actually a hero? if not you should use the "Unit - add ability" action rather than the "Hero - Learn skill". Then it should work.

If it doesn't then you could change it so that you gain control over the dummy unit and it remains after the trigger - then you could see if it was actually being given the ability.

The fact that "iseedeadpeople" appears just means the trigger is running, not that it is working, heh

Level 9
no i type iseedeadpeople to look where the locust swarm is located (marked by a piong) but nothing is their.

And yes the unit is a hero (the undead archer person (not sure the name)).

Hmm im looking for someone to talk to for about 10 minutes to help me with this problem, if someone can do that i will +rep them and add them to my helpers list in my quests menu.

Level 2
I would say try it with a unit and the "add ability" action rather than a hero, cos the hero would need a point to spend and the abillity in its abilities list to learn the abillity, whilst using triggers just to add the ability manually just seems a bit more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.