• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NPC System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello hive!

I've got another system request...

It's a Conversation system with NPC's!

Conditions: MUI / MPI, JASS / GUI Only, Configurable, With a Core and a Demo

That's all! I Couldn't figure it out myself, Without dialogs. I Checked in the spells section and I found Some things, and I really liked this one.

But when I implemented it, I got ~1200 Compile errors. WTF?

Any help appreciated.
If there wasn't any system, I Would make a Thread in WEHZ / T&S So that "Errors" are fixed.

Thanks!

Level 17
I made such a system recently but it use some vjass so it wont be good enough for you.

I Had already checked yours, but it's a little hard to Configure and Somehow, Inefficient. (a good idea would be Like an Init Trigger to save conversations)
And Also it's vJASS.
I Never get it:
Why not use Custom scripts in GUI but write Things in JASS?

However, now I'm making my own System.
I Have some problems, So please Help.

Level 17
I actually think it pretty easy to use. But maybe that's just me. I don't think the inefficiency is relevant on a modern computer, the difference should be minimal. But I certainly understand that you don't want vjass. I was very anti jass myself back in the day.

I'm not really Anti-JASS, I'm anti-vJASS mostly. I Actually like Custom Scripts. They are powerful as JASS, Because they are JASS itself.

Did you check my Help Thread? I Really need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.