• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I'm making an RPG, and I thoud it would become time to implement some quests. I tried a Quest System I found on this site (the only one), but it caused server splitting at first, and after a while (when I started over because I forgot to backup the map) I couldn't save the map properly anymore with the system inside the map.

Today I tried to make a Quest System myself, but after a little while I found some problems which I can't solve on my own. I want the system to be MUI for around 9-10 players, but the Quest triggers aren't MUI...
like:
  • example
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Display to (All players matching ((Triggering player) Equal to (Matching player))) the Quest Update message: questquestquest
      • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Discovered
      • Quest - Disable (Last created quest)

I know this is a request that might take alot of time and stress, and I think it's a very hard request. But is there anyone that would like to get the job done? I think alot of people would be appreciated.

Teuncreemers.

Level 19
Whats wrong with just making a bigass trigger for all the quests you need. You don't need a system to make quests. They are built into the game. Just display quests on events.

The quests that are built into the game arent MUI.
Dunno if you ever checked it, but quest trigger actions are for all players always. You cant even select an option to make it for seperated players. So I do need a system for quests, because I need them to be MUI. And a system makes making quests aloot easier. Like this one: LINK
However that one is causing server splitting when I host it on Bnet.

hope that took the confusion away:)

Status
Not open for further replies.