• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NOTD for StarCraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I thought StarCraft II already had one which was mostly completed with a dozen odd classes and 3 different story modes. What does yours offer of theirs? Come to think about it, the one you are advertising looks exactly like the same NotD in StarCraft II that has been played for nearly 2 years...

For a map so far in development this is a rather cheap thread to get advertising. You could have at least shown some images and posted a description here.

Anyway it is a great map if not for the stupid amount of grinding required to get anywhere. Some of us cannot afford to be a zombie playing the game for 12 hours a day for many months to unlock the best class. Many unfair mechanics also spoilt the game for me such as being killed by the slightest bump despite having many lives (1-2 as I have good ratting) and that class mastery is lost randomly after winning a session. The clicking also seems rather out of place in such a map requiring you to drop all micro to try and kill something that is invulnerable otherwise. Also losing control over players who drop randomly is not nice (I understand it is Karma related but really someone with nearly 1700 rating should not have problems controlling droppers).

I liked being able to kill thousands of zombies. Some of the class abilities were also pretty cool to use.

Still prefer SWAT Aftermath for WarCraft III.

Status
Not open for further replies.