• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northern Realms V1.5

My first map I have created from scratch. Now there are so many credits to go out to people, but I apologise, it has been a few months since I last create it. All those who created the skins and models which contributed to this map I thank you. And to all those other working "spartans" keep up the good, well awesome, work.

Updated-No Longer Lord of the Rings related. Quest Log added and Story Line.
Names are set once in game, in players are unused control is given to allies.
Coming: A vote kick - team votekick ONLY
Spawn Upgrades
Builders
Siege Units
Events

Keywords:
lotr, lord of the rings, dota, starwars, greece rome, europe, sparta, spartans, 300, northern, realms
Contents

Northern Realms V1.5 (Map)

Reviews
20:59, 12th Jul 2008 VGsatomi: Approved. Could use a bit more tweaking to make it more loyal to the series. Decent balancing.

M

20:59, 12th Jul 2008
VGsatomi: Approved. Could use a bit more tweaking to make it more loyal to the series. Decent balancing.

Level 2
Umm, have you even read the books. This is nonsense. Its not a bad map in its own right, but you should just drop the lotr title. There are NO elves in middle earth other than those in rivendell, mirkwood, and Lothlorien. The north of middle earth is a land of barren mountains which are riddled with the fallen holds of the dwarves, now occupied by dragons and other fouler creatures. Please, please, please, if you are going to make a lotr map make it accurate, or dont call it an lotr map.

Level 4
I left Warcraft for sometime now, and I think it's time I finish off my map.
I will change the name and remove all links to Lord of the Rings. I am always open to suggestions and negative, positive, although, constructive critisism. Thankyou all fo the hits on my first incomplete map. Im sure it will get more hits in sometime.

Level 4
UPDATED
Okay I have Update the Map it is no Long LotR related. QuestLog added and balanced a few units. Read Quest log for more details.
Quick Update
Includes setnames for each player (Faction named)
A few more balancing and I am going through everything and seeing where I can reduce the models used.

Last edited:
Level 1
oh year, i like the concept behind this Map
(good that it ist tot LoTR related anymore)
but it seemes to me that there ist a lot of work to do on the map details.
there is too much Space next to the Blue Forces, for that Red ist too Powerfull.
take a bit of time for the Map design and its gona be great.