• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

North American Battle.net Invitational Live Friday and Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Are you ready for some more StarCraft II action?

On Friday, August 12 and Saturday, August 13, eight of the top StarCraft II players in North America are gathering in Irvine, California to compete for intergalactic glory and their share of a prize pool of over $20,000 – along with a chance to represent the North American region in the 2011 StarCraft II Global Battle.net Invitational at BlizzCon this coming October.

The action will be shoutcasted by Sean “Day[9]” Plott and JP “itmeJP” McDaniel, and both days will be broadcast live in high-definition for free on our BlizzCon Tournaments website. Friday's matches and live stream are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. PT, and Saturday's matches and stream will begin at 10 a.m. PT.

Here are the eight competitors who'll be clashing in the 2011 StarCraft II North American Battle.net Invitational:

Jonathan “KiWiKaKi” Garneau (protoss)
Kyeong Hyun “SeleCT” Ryoo (terran)
Greg “IdrA” Fields (zerg)
Dongyeon “DDE” Lee (terran)
Chris “HuK” Loranger (protoss)
Shawn “Sheth” Simon (zerg)
Payam “TT1” Alasvandi-Toghyan (protoss)
Chris “ostojiy” Ostojic (zerg)
Join us in the fray over the next two days, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon!

Last edited:
Level 24
Watching as we speak.
I believe HuK will win, but I guess we'll see. There've been some great games so far and the casters (Day9 and JP) are a lot better than those in the European invitational (MrBitter and Rotterdam) were.

By the way, isn't it about time Hive gets a Sc2 e-sport forum?

Level 22
If you have to make such forum and include every esports event, then you would have a lot of work to do, as that would be every week. Furthermore, if you will do that kind of news, it will require a lot of time to follow players' transfers between teams or basically anything that happens. Good luck with that, THW is a mapmaking forum, last I checked. If you decide to include such news frm time to time and only some big events, then a whole forum may not be needed.

Level 14
Sheth reminds me of the kid from Two and a half man.

TL_Sheth_N.jpg

images

Status
Not open for further replies.