• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DreamHack Valencia and a few other news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Major League Gaming (MLG) announced that they had a record number of viewers in MLG Raleigh, though that news announcement seems to have been taken down, so we can't be sure whether they meant on-stage viewers or if they meant people who watch the live stream, or the sum of both. If such is the case, perhaps the Hive has helped contribute to it with these news announcements!For those of you who enjoy e-sports, stay tunned to DreamHack TV (live broadcast), for yet another entertaining StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty tournament (DreamHack Valencia Invitational) which apparently starts today, September 17, at 14:00 CEST. It will be cast by Apollo and TotalBiscuit.DongRaeGu (Z) is, according to the votes on Blizzard's poll, the favorite for winning Valencia.Information about Valencia Invitational.
Meanwhile, MLG has launched the Global StarCraft II Invitational. Three brackets each house a group of 8 players from a single region: Europe, North America, or Korea. These players will compete in-between them and the winner of each bracket takes 2,000$ and a paid flight to MLG Providence, where the winners will compete. Check out everything about it here.On a related note, Blizzard has been posting articles about the first year of SC2 e-sports, check it out: "We <3 eSports: A Look Back at the First Year of StarCraft II Competition".
4I4H0KHI3CVM1316116293726.jpg
In other news:
  • Blizzard has opened a "section" of music from their games. The tracks are not up for direct, free download, but they contain a link to iTunes where you can purchase them, as well as complete albums.
  • The North American Star League (NASL) has launched their «sophomore effort» (as mentioned in the blizzard article) with NASL - Season 2. They’re granting access to their 1080p stream for free during this first week of the season.
  • The Blizzard fan art section has been updated.

P.S. -- The DreamHack Valencia matches have began!

Last edited:
Level 22
The war3 former orc player Lucifron is one of the best EU players and i've watched him a lot in SC2 Beta and his strongest match seems to be TvZ but he's gonna lose to DRG. It's good to see Lucifron on a big event finally, gee he was like lost not seen anywhere for the last half-year.

I also think DRG takes this.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
He is quite new pro korean zerg, although he immidiately got into GSL Code S. The best play from Slayers so far.

Final 3:2 for DRG, awesome. ThorZaIN did his best, but to be honest he won those two games only because DRG has no expos left ;/ His muta mirco was brilliant and he found terrain so many times off guard. Thorzain did many mistakes and he knows it.
But the time he spent in Korea shows that it was worth it.

IDRA NO RAGE?? He just left the room this time, and refused to give interview (Huk did also, saying that Protoss lack smth or something similar - it was pretty sad to look at this).

Text of the day: "every terran same to me easy peasy" - DRG xd

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
What? DRG isn't really new, and he isn't on SlayerS either.

Also I'm pretty sure none of the losers were interviewed.
Yeah I forgot that he is from MVP (his full nick: MVP.coL.DongRaeGu).

Although, I disagree about being 'new' - He was playing sc2 like many koreans but suddenly he rushed through many into Code S, and we weren't hearing much of him untill now.

And yes, as I mentioned Huk & Idra, all other losers refused interview. How sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.