• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Normals issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'l see what i can do myself when i have a freetime and if i fail to fix them i'l ask you mr Anvil.

Thanks for an advice on Gmax too.

btw, neodex has a tool, called mesh tools, it recalculates normals. Normaly Neodex's importer ignores your models normals and produces it's own normals, so it's not a problem (it also simplifies geometry to be easier to edit within 3dsmax, by removing wc3 model formats restrictions, like uvs and vertices correspondance and fixes broken seams in unwraps, thus easier reunwrapping)

I would suggest you really look into gmax as, many times shading problems happen for wrong faced triangles. This is common if you used mirror tool in mdlvis or vertex modifier, where triangle facing is not fixed to mirroring.

Status
Not open for further replies.