• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Noobquestion] How to integrate Jass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
A short review of my learning process of Jass:
First: I am not a total programming novice and know other script / programming languages

My reason to get used to jass was cause of some limitations the gui has and the possibility to use better organized variables ;)

So far, so good. I read many tutorials now and think i got the syntax and can learn the functions by Jasscraft or the doc.
BUT:
I make Triggers and convert them to Jass Code and edit them.
Now i get some problems:
Do i only can use the global triggers from the gui as event handles?! - I will not make 1 converted Trigger (map init) for the whole map...that would be a mess!
Selfmade functions ... where should i add them?

And: I think i want to use Kattanas Handle Vars...where and how should i integrate them, so the WE knows that i use a registered function?

Do i have to extract the .j file, add it there and integrate it again?

-> To all the writers of the beginner guides/tutorials: I found no where a description of how to integrate own functions! I can write them now, but i am not able to integrate them in my existing map...i cannot write the whole map without the WE...i still need the object and the mapeditor...

Please help ;)

EDIT: One more Request: How to change the Text in the top right corner to a selfmade one (in WC3 itself)? ^[Tax-Display´]

EDIT: I found something out: Clicking on the map root-tree in the WE gives you a window where selfmade functions can be integrated.... Why nobody meantioned that?! Still left the Question for event triggers ...
btw: was luck: got this picture in a news...http://home.arcor.de/rathfam/jng4a.png

Last edited:
Level 12
Your best bet is to get NewGen and look at some existing systems to get an idea of how JASS functions work.

Status
Not open for further replies.