1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[JASS] JASS to GUI

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by orcfan32, Oct 16, 2004.

1. orcfan32

orcfan32

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have some files with an extension of ".j" and I would like a tutorial of converting JASS to GUI. I screwed these triggers up when I converted to custom text and saved shortly after and exited WE, when I noticed that I didn't have them in GUI! So I went back to the editor and exported my triggers to see what I could do with them. I really need a program\tutorial that tells me how to turn JASS in GUI. :(

Thanks in advance. :eek:

2. misaki

misaki

Resources:
    Resources:
    You will probably have to either remake the triggers, or learn JASS. I suggest learing JASS ^ ^

I don't know of any programs that can reconstruct GUI from JASS, but darky's post on map protection talks about how it is possible to reconstruct the WE triggers/etc. files from the map script. So good luck finding such a program.

Turning JASS into GUI would just be a matter of logic. X function corresponds to Y trigger in WE-trigger-language in the GUI... but to figure out what that Y is, you'll have to know what the JASS functions do, so... just learn JASS. If nothing else, it saves you time since you can put more stuff (like adding events!) into loops, instead of poring thru the menus so many times.

3. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Umm... Changing JASS into GUI is impossible thinking logically. Well, ALMOST impossible. GUI are JASS trigers with a specific sintax. Once you ruin that sintax it is impossible to make it GUI once again. Moreover, you can type in JASS anything you want and that anything wouldn't be recognised under GUI. You would need a very powerful and smart tool to have it do this transformation.

4. vicky2004

vicky2004

Resources:
    Resources:
    you can return the jass trigger to GUI by clicking undo but you must not save the map and exit the editor.Or atleast save it but don't exit the editor.Simple isn't it?

5. MasterGT4

MasterGT4

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey spammer, can't read? He said he DID save the map and he also DID exit the world editor after it. I think it would be possible to revert his jass to triggers since (as I understood) he converted all his GUI triggers to jass, so there are no "only jass functions". I once heard of a deprotector which could also convert the triggers back to GUI from the mapscript, you should ask NathanMX on WC3Campaigns!