• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] JASS to GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have some files with an extension of ".j" and I would like a tutorial of converting JASS to GUI. I screwed these triggers up when I converted to custom text and saved shortly after and exited WE, when I noticed that I didn't have them in GUI! So I went back to the editor and exported my triggers to see what I could do with them. I really need a program\tutorial that tells me how to turn JASS in GUI. :(

Thanks in advance. :eek:

Level 2
You will probably have to either remake the triggers, or learn JASS. I suggest learing JASS ^ ^

I don't know of any programs that can reconstruct GUI from JASS, but darky's post on map protection talks about how it is possible to reconstruct the WE triggers/etc. files from the map script. So good luck finding such a program.

Turning JASS into GUI would just be a matter of logic. X function corresponds to Y trigger in WE-trigger-language in the GUI... but to figure out what that Y is, you'll have to know what the JASS functions do, so... just learn JASS. If nothing else, it saves you time since you can put more stuff (like adding events!) into loops, instead of poring thru the menus so many times.

Level 11
Umm... Changing JASS into GUI is impossible thinking logically. Well, ALMOST impossible. GUI are JASS trigers with a specific sintax. Once you ruin that sintax it is impossible to make it GUI once again. Moreover, you can type in JASS anything you want and that anything wouldn't be recognised under GUI. You would need a very powerful and smart tool to have it do this transformation.

Level 2
Hey spammer, can't read? He said he DID save the map and he also DID exit the world editor after it. I think it would be possible to revert his jass to triggers since (as I understood) he converted all his GUI triggers to jass, so there are no "only jass functions". I once heard of a deprotector which could also convert the triggers back to GUI from the mapscript, you should ask NathanMX on WC3Campaigns!

Status
Not open for further replies.