• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Noob Question-What is JASS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello!
Look, i new in MapEdit and the other things, i only play, but now, i want to do maps, and i think "the JASS" can help me.I don't know what is that, and i need the basic to use that.Pls someone help me!I know this is a noob question, but i really want to know!!!

Level 4
JASS is what triggers really are. The editor auto-maticaly converts all your triggers into JASS, which is a scripting language. Ive been told its similar to C++, another programming language. For now just stick with normal triggers. If you rally wanna get good at mapping dont get too advanced too quikcly, open up a simple map like Cube Td or a maul and see how they're made.

Level 2
I've done that many times. I know how it works, and i can work with the trigger editor. I'm not a 'rookie' prusay, but I'm not an expert. And I may be still a Novice to triggering. But i know the basic triggers, mostly.

For the record, I have VB6 PRO installed on my comp, i need the help files......

Level 8
Learn More

then learn more triggers! Jass isn't what you think! you shouldn't use jass if u want to make a cinematic! from what i see u want to use jass EVERYWHERE,my suggestion,if you want to learn jass EASILY then:
1)You must have programming knowledge!
2)You should know very well triggers!

i have more than a year with World Editor using GUI(triggers) and now i use JASS!

Status
Not open for further replies.