• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

noob needs help extracting spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I know this is probably a noob question with an easy answer, but how the hell do u extract spells into maps using TFT? I've imported them but then when i go to use them they don't come up. Somebody help me![/quote]

Level 2
open the spell map, and your map. using the window tab, switch back and forth, copying and pasting the proper stuff (required spells/units in the object editor, triggers within the trigger editor) and you may have to reconfigure some of the triggers to align properly with the abilities, because they are assigned new object ids (like a004 instead of a001) and if it specifies certain heros or units, be sure that the trigger editor references them correctly with the unit you want to cast. unless the spell map contains models or skins, you're not supposed to export/import anything in the import manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.