• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noob question plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i didnt put the question in the title cus i couldent think of a shortnuff way to explain it sorry
but . im trying to place heros on becons right like they do in aos or doe and tob but everytime i place them down and they turn up as player controlable units and i cant seem to fix it:eekani:

Level 2
i double clicked them and nothing happend then i saw noithing that said player in their stat window

bump.......................

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
no actully i have a hero select system i got it from here i just need to get them to be neutral so im basicly trying to make my hero selection system like aotz doe or tob but im adding a close up camera view of it. and it wont even let me click on anything on the main page or do i have to have the tool pallete open to do it?.and there's a lil green blob in the bottom corner of the map zoom bars whats gem?

sweet nvm i got the whole drag down menu thng now thx

ok now how do i delete something like a unit whitout removing every unit i have placed on the map?. Btw i appreciate all the help yall given me really helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
how do i rotate a hero whitout relying on randomrotate cus using the rotate onthe preview window screen doesnt seem to change the rotation of the hero on the map n ive tryed the drag downmenu thing

how do i rotate a hero whitout relying on randomrotate cus using the rotate onthe preview window screen doesnt seem to change the rotation of the hero on the map n ive tryed the drag downmenu thing

• Select hero on the map
  • Press and hold Ctrl
  • Click on the map to make the hero face the point where you clicked

Level 2
doesn't seem to work with buildings i pick unit place it on map hold ctrl click it again and then what all that does is rotate the map

Level 2
ugh so i have to find models of the buildings in the searchthat face a certainway cus they dont randomly rotate ethier >_>

Level 2
ok i have these white patches of squares underneath myheros could some one tell me what they are n how to get rid of them

Level 6
Yeah, you cant do it on buildings. But everthing else you can.
yes you can. make a copy of root ability (the one that night elf ancients have), give it to your unit and use a trigger to disable the ability on map init (so you don't see the icon). building angle can be set using a trigger action.

Level 11
you dont need the root ability to face a building

simply use triggers :p

This is exactly what where talking about read ALL the posts before you post please.

And actually doing this
Or you could give them at least .3 turn speed and 1 base movement speed and then change angle with trigger

Doesn't add move/stop/follow/patrol commands
Settings the 'movement type' doesn't need to be done for that to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.