• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noob Question: Changing Order Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well, its been quite some years since the last stime I fired up the editor in classic, so I forgot a lot. Please esxcuse the noob question.

Anyway: I want to make an alternate Stormcrow-Transformation-Spell, where the user transforms into a Frostwyrm. However just changing the units from Stormcrow to Custom Frostwyrm (with "Alternate Tags") in the Spell editor does not do the trick. The unit keeps transformign in a crow. I assume I need to change the forms in the order strings as well. However, i dont know how to edit existing string. I jsut cant find it. Help please? :D

Level 39
If the unit also has a stormcrow transform spell on it then the orders are colliding. You can’t change the order for any spell except Channel (it can be changed in the OE but it doesn’t affect anything). To get around this you’ll have to create some dummy abilities, then on cast give the proper morph ability to the unit and order it to use it.

If the unit does not have any other transform abilities it’s an editor bug from using Reforged. Update your game and it should be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.