• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noob question about animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I use milkshape to make some animations, i set the groups, joints and assigned them. But for example when i try to rotate an arm, there is some space left between the arm and the body, so the faces don't stretch in order to cover that space. No matter how much i try to fit the arm in the correct position (like 90*) i can't place it without a little space between them, if i try to fit it more, the faces go one into another.
So, at the end, the vertexes that are in different groups don't stretch in order to cover the space between them, if i decide to increase the distance between them. I don't know if i made myself clear, but how can i solve this?

Level 15
that's because that arm is possibly assigned to its own group, if you assign the whole mesh (or just the body) to one group, it should be fine (after you've welded them together) if I wasn't clear enough:

1. regroup all meshes into a single one

2. weld the previous groups together, i.e. your arm is a different group, now weld it to the body. Not sure if regrouping already auto-welds though.

If that doesn't work, from your description, I assume your arm was just a floating mesh :D

good luck! remember to run Zero Joints after rigging your model, but before animations or else you'll break them.

Status
Not open for further replies.