• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No Yet Popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Hmmm, from the looks of it SC2 forums is soooo Quiet, unlike WC3, right now I'm
playing campaign mode and from what I discovered, you cant do a research if
you dont have research points, which is bad coz the enemy is getting stronger
every level and the Brutal mode is soooo brutal, I cant even go to level 4 if I'm
in that mode...

anyway, that's not what I'm here for, I would like to ask how to;
1) Disable the auto save coz I dont want it XD.
2) Play in window mode?
3) Reveal whole map, like in WC3's 'iseedeadpeople'.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I went into SC2 the other day and it had 9 people in Looking for team when they actually there used to be enough people for 1 channel average and throw around 10 people to the next, being the maximum I've seen 2 completely filled channels and a third half-filled. So I too think SC2 is getting kind of inactive. Figures the lack of good mods and Diablo III warded people away.

Level 19
I went into SC2 the other day and it had 9 people in Looking for team when they actually there used to be enough people for 1 channel average and throw around 10 people to the next, being the maximum I've seen 2 completely filled channels and a third half-filled. So I too think SC2 is getting kind of inactive. Figures the lack of good mods and Diablo III warded people away.

It would make sense that the reason for most apparent in-activeness is due to the current custom browser and due to the lack of chat room transparency, and not due to being no good StarCraft II mods.

What I'm getting at is that the reason for the apparent inactivity, is due to the fact that players are scattered between regions (something they're working on solving for 1.5 or for the release of Heart of the Swarm) and due to the lack of obvious chat transparency, which results in an very empty battle.net with no proper social interaction.

This unintentional subpression on social interaction on Batte.net makes niche map very hard to play. There is no chance someone will stumble upon these odd maps as they did in warcraft 3, with them lobbies being actively advertised on the screen.

However, after checking out the new Battle.net 1.5, I found myself constantly viewing chat rooms, especially since it was so intuitive and a breeze to do so. Also, with the arrival of the new browser window, as well as a wc3-like-lobby browser, I can say I'm fairly impressed with the upcoming changes.

I think we'll see a much more social Battle.net soon and hopefully also a much more healthy custom map community as a result.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, I have played Warcraft III a lot the past week, mostly for TKoK and BFME. If it weren't for those two mods, I wouldn't have stepped in there again. I'm sure a lot of people only go there for customs anyway, which shows well the importance they have.

I haven't looked at the Battle.Net changes but I'm glad it's for the better. It had always surprised me how a creation as awesome as a GHost eluded an entire company and ended up being made by thirds: multiple realm interaction (which can include all realms + Iccup, Garena, alkar, playground... all in one game lobby), free of delay... sure they sometimes have problems and they're open to abuse, but there is good use of them out there and, in spite of all problems, they'd still be awesome.

Level 22
Using cheat codes... Boring. I never saw any until few days ago when I had to open a campaign map for other things. If you got the same achievements with using cheat codes.. that would be lame. Codes should be disallowed for Bnet only on Guest mode.

In other words, Rui, all who can't play anything but custom games left to play D3 and SC2 got emptied from those ones and all seious gamers are still there. Such a loss indeed.. only for mapmakers, I don't see other inactivity of the game, in fact, if you go check the gaming side of it, it's kicking with Jaedong, Flash and company coming.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
SC2 activity will be down at the moment due to games like Diablo III distracting players and also people going on holidays. It will start recovering when patch 1.5 goes live which addresses the majority of problems people had (next to those "I am too stupid to use it" problems which cannot be solved).

Level 22
^ Every future game from now on, even if War4 were made, would be like that. It's not the game, it's the policy. Just like you can't play D3 single player and all goes multiplayer and requires connection, the same goes for maps. It is a measure against stealing and modifying maps...

Ok no matter how disappointed someone is or wants to leave the game, I think THW is giving a wrong illusion, when you go to mapster you will see it is as full of mapmakers it was here with war3 yeras ago. World Editor is in no way more superior than SC2's editor but maybe when SC2 reaches the marketplace and stuff, the best maps will cost $$ but will be best, if so far the complaints about war3 map clones and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.