• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

<no-name-yet> Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
I am no map maker but I've always wanted to create a project where there are consequences to your actions in the game and it will impact the overall storyline of the game.

As you can see from the title, I haven't even name the project yet, because I only have the concepts in my head, but not the storyline yet.

The concept is quite simple; Multiple branching of the game leading to multiple endings/scenes that you just cannot only play it once and be done with it - the possibilities are endless for you to explore and it is very rich in replayability.

Some early drafts/concepts/ideas of the game are below;

Dialog Example.PNG

YOU CONTROL YOUR OWN STORY !
Be the one who makes the decision of your story and see where it leads.
Oh - but what if things go wrong ? THEN LIVE WITH IT ! OR, you can always replay the game and explore another different paths :)

Flowchart Example.PNG

THERE WOULD BE A FLOWCHART SUMMARY AT THE END OF EACH CHAPTER !
Look which paths you might have missed and try to backtrack from it.
Gold - Paths that you have taken for this playthrough
White - Unexplored paths that you do not take yet
Green - The CHAPTER'S ENDING

REMEMBER ! Each decision you made (even if you did not even realize it until sooner in the game) will have an impact to your future storyline (I call it CROSS-CHAPTER IMPACT - so be wary of your DECISIONS !

Let's say you take someone's life at the end of Chapter 1, that said person won't appear in the following Chapter, or even the in Final Chapter - it could be a good thing OR it could be a bad thing.

I am looking for;
1. Story Writer/Maker
2. Map Maker/Terrainer

PM me if you're interested !

NOTE: THE GAME IS SINGLE-PLAYER

Level 4
This is intriguing.

I think I'd enjoy being a part of creating this. To be upfront, I'm tied up with my current project and cannot participate now; however, if you're still designing this perhaps several months down the line, I'd feel grateful to join in on the fun.

I'll check back.

Cool concept! ^^

Level 4
Hmm, if you make the history you have a lot of possibilites to make a very good map, nice idea, i will wait for the beta

Status
Not open for further replies.