• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Malfurion's Quest Project Recruit Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31

183891-albums7057-picture81103.gif

Project Manager: Turnro

Introduction

I am looking for skilled developers to help with the development of the long awaited campaign, Malfurion's Quest.

The proposed campaign is based off normal Warcraft 3 gameplay. It also features an epic storyline with 2 possible story paths, as well as new heroes, spells, items, and units.

I started Malfurion's Quest with the intention of making it a truly great campaign. If you are good at making Warcraft 3 maps and believe in quality, then this campaign is a project worthwhile for you!
If you wish to learn more about Malfurion's Quest, continue reading. Likewise, you can check out the first few chapters provided in the links below:

Malfurion's Quest Demo Version Download:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/malfurions-quest-demo-239052/?prev=extension%3Dw3n

Malfurion's Quest Official Forum:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/malfurions-quest-249325/

183891-albums3097-picture72749.jpg

Campaign Features

Choose Your Own Destiny
Malfurion's Quest will feature two separate storylines, with each providing different units, heroes, items, etc.

New Custom Race: The Highbourne
This is the first of Turno's Campaigns that offers a fully new custom race. You will be given the opportunity to play through Malfurion's Quest as the Highbourne.

New Boss Fights
Malfurion's Quest is intended to have several boss fights throughout the campaign. These will be proper boss fights that will test your skill and ability in playing Warcraft 3

New Difficulty Level: Easy
The difficulty in general for Malfurion's Quest is harder than in Turnro's previous campaigns. To compensate for this, an easy version has been included.

30 maps, including 20 Chapters and 10 Interludes

New Heroes, Units, Spells, Items, and more!
Screenshots

183891-albums3097-picture72744.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture72746.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture72743.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture72741.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture82114.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture82115.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture82119.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture81092.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture81090.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture81091.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture81017.jpg

Project Recruit Information

Below is a list of the current roles for Malfurion's Quest. This list will change throughout the course of development.
To apply for any of these positions, simply PM me so we can discuss the requirements. Some of these roles will have criteria that you will need to match in order to join the development.

If you do not fit any of the criteria but still wish to be involved in the development of Malfurion's Quest, PM me and I will be happy to discuss.

Cinematic Maker
In order to apply for this position, you must demonstrate that you can make high quality cinematics. PM me some links of pre-existing maps where you were involved in making them.

Modeler
Current desired modeling skills includes adding death animations to units, as well as making high quality doodads. In either case, provide me with links of your previous works.

Spell Maker
Give links to custom spells you have made in the past, if possible.

Map Tester
There is no limit to the amount of map testers for Malfurion's Quest. However, as an official map tester, you will be expected to give me constructive feedback on the maps you play.

Current Map Testers include:

- knight26

AI Script Editor
There is little criteria for this position, other than a willingness to learn how to write using JASS code :)

Final Words of Thought
Please note that this is the first time I have created a map recruitment forum. I have had many years experience in making campaigns, all of which I made by myself.
If you have any questions or suggestions for improving this forum, please inform me in the comments section below.

Last edited:
Level 31
Unfortunately I'm not talented in anything to help out, except for map testing that is.
So put my name there if you'd like some properly reviewed map testing, I like details. :3

You are very welcome to become an official map test :)

I don't expect you to review Malfurion's Quest immediately, since the campaign has a fair bit to go. I will once most or all the initial maps have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.