• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No hotkey and no colors on sold units tooltips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello again,

Another issue I have with my building selling upgrades for hero custom attributes is the fact that the hotkey and the tooltips don't work properly.

I use a few basic Lua triggers and make the building sell units with the attributes icons.

When the building sells one of the attributes "units", i set the total bonus for this attribute in its dedicated global variable array, that is used by the trigger setting the hero attributes and attributes bonuses (mostly critical strike damage multiplier and attack bonus, the last one decreases attack cooldown automatically as it's a wrapper for agility without armor bonus).

Once again it all works perfectly, but then the hotkey i have set for the units (P for power, D for dexterity and V for velocity attributes) does not show in the unit's tooltip nor work.
Also the sold unit's tooltips are just plain white in spite of their name and tooltip being like "Increase Dexterity by 1".

Any idea how to fix both these issues ?

EDIT : screenshots added to give you a better idea of the issue :

Editor.png

WC3ScrnShot_051220_045459_001.png

Level 12
Thanks for the input !

Well the problem is I need to stop the stock from regenerating, so I had to add them with triggers in order to manually set the stock max.
As there is no way to suppress the stock replenishment, I suppose I am stuck with this until I find an unexpected way to fix it.

Considering that this Store has limited functionality, maybe I should just emulate its interface with custom UI frames...

Level 12
Thanks, yes as I said I am unfortunately stuck as I need to be able to control the stock max.
Well I suppose it isn't too bad in the end, not like it breaks the map functionality.

Level 12
I had though of that too, but so far I need 100 and soon 150 as maxes for each attribute.

But thanks for the ideas, I really appreciate. I suppose at some point I have to make compromises.
But I think always trying remains the best way to face problems, thats how one can go beyond the common stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.