• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Colored Tooltip for Name in Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I've been adding some aesthetic touches to my project and have run into something... weird. So you can use color codes to change the text color of the tooltip for a units name. Specifically I changed a Hero that a marketplace sells so that it's name appears blue in the purchase tooltip. This worked fine.

When I use my repick system to return the unit, I used the line

Neutral Building - Add Kalara to Portal 0058 <gen> with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1

but this creates a new icon and I can't get rid of the old one using

Neutral Building - Remove Kalara from Portal 0058 <gen> with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1

So my solution was to make it so that the units aren't originally sold by the marketplace, but are added to it via trigger at the beginning of the game, and when that particular hero is refunded. This way I don't even have to remove them from the marketplace. I can just keep a very long timer on them and the

Neutral Building - Add Kalara to Portal 0058 <gen> with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1

line just increases the stock instead of adding another icon! Awesome!

So here's the problem: When added this way, the units tooltip displays the name in white. Just the name. I have color in the description tooltip that works fine, but the name is always white. Does anyone understand why this is or know what I can do about it?

TLDR; Using triggers to add units to a marketplace makes their name tooltip white even if you've got a color tag in it. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.