• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No Game Cache - Save

Status
Not open for further replies.
im know we dont have that trigger anymore, some1 in another forum suggested use scripts ... but i dont know anything about programing (code/command wise, i only know how 2 press buttons on the correct trigger 2 make stuff happen) ... so what do i do ? ... spend like 3 months learning scrips? Jazz (or watever that thing is called)?

any suggestions?
thx

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Game cache natives are still fully functional as far as the game is concerned.
The broken GUI actions can also be fixed with a custom GUI action list.

JASS will probably take a few months to learn, but is the only way you can ever make a map of high quality for multiplayer. I advise you start from the basics, looking at the pattern of jass code as syntax is highly important with programming. Case of the key words is also important, I advise noting them mentally as well.

Remember game caches only retain data after map end in singleplayer, so you will have to use save/load string generators for multiplayer maps.

I advise getting a program like jasscraft or jass shop pro for an easy to use native list and using JNGP (jass new gen pack) for better jass support within WE.

If you already know a programming language, it should take a matter of hours before your first scripts are running ingame, although they may be a bit simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.