• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

no exp from dummy kills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My spells looks like that: it's cast on an area, and creates a dummy at target position.. With short intervals the dummy casts frost nova at each unit in that area. Problem is, units dying from that spell return no exp to the original caster, and I can't rly find what the problem is. The dummy unit does belong to the original caster, so this is not the problem. Any ideas would be much welcome. In case this isn't something simple, I'll give you the entire trigger so you can see if I f*d up something in it

Level 33
Are the caster EXP is disabled through trigger ?
Maybe the units that are killed doesn't worth an EXP ?
Check your Gameplay Constants, maybe your accidentally switch them to 0.00 to all Hero EXP Gained ?

Wait, does this "doesn't get EXP" problem ONLY applies to when a unit is killed by this particular spell ?

Level 2
Pretty much like that, I didnt add any conditions for the victim group since frost nova can only be cast on living, enemy, non magic immune targets..
  • EBeffect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Earthen Blast
    • Actions
      • Set EB_VICTIMS = (Units within 300.00 of (Target point of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add EarthenBlastDummy to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of EarthenBlastDummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Casting unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in EB_VICTIMS and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Picked unit)
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from EB_VICTIMS

Level 15
your going to have to post the triggers properly from that i cant see and thing that will cause this

on your trigger right click the top of the trigger where it has its name and select copy as text come to the forums use this
JASS:
[TRIGGER]inhere past the trigger :)[/TRIGGER]

Level 33
Just go to your trigger and right-click on it
Select Copy As Text
Then, add [ TRIGGER ] [ /TRIGGER ] over here and paste your copied text in the middle of that code
Btw, that code isn't supposed to be spaced out, I'm just showing an example, get it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.