1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Night Sky Sword

Submitted by Paillan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is "Night sky sword" from the book series Sword art online, Book 7 was it? Alicization. It's a sword made out of the branch of a giant black tree, used by Kirito during this books events.

Changelog
V2.0 Yet another rewrap...
V3.0 Remade the whole model reducing it's filesize in 48kb aprox and rewraped it again.
V3.1 Changed internal name and added frames, bones and one animations that does nothing to make it visible.
V3.2 Rewrapped and changed screenshot.
V3.3 Rewrapped again, changed screenshot.
V3.4 Rewrapped again, changed screenshot, added a geoset.
V3.5 Rewrap. Was to lazy to update screenshot. Made some other small changes again, so small they will be put together with this one.
V3.6 Hopefully centered the wrap and improved it.
V4.0 Remade the handle, reduced filesize, had to wrap again...
V5.0 Changed facing, resized like 10 times (I still think it looks too long...), and mostly worked so that it looks like an attachment.
V5.1 Rewrapped handle, centrated guard, made symmetric, straighten the edge, removed 1 more vertex.
V5.2 hopefully centered and fixed everything...
V5.3 removed some weird brown things that where showing in the texture and which I somehow hadn't seen before.
V5.4 Remade the description of the model.
V5.5 Re added animations

Keywords:
SAO,sword,black,Kirito,dark,blade,Alicization,wood,tree,cedar
Contents

Night Sky Sword (Model)

Reviews
11:19, 31st Jan 2015 Misha: that's not really the wrap i was expecting to see.. you had a really long piece of black metal in that texture, and you could have wrapped the blade part fully in that area. Heck, even to the rivets it has.. I'm setting...
  1. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That would made a cube xD

the guard is a bitch that yust won't look good no matter WHAT I do.

Really :vw_wtf: I am almost 1000% I centered as humanly as possible.

EDIT:

WOW... It really looks like wood even if the texture used is metal... logic just got...

2. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Nice, But Need Better Handle, Good Job

3. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Leave my handle alone :(

4. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    oh well, It's your choice to do it or not,
    Nice Wrap anyway...
    (I've learned another Texture that is Nice to Use for Black Sword)

Exp Gained: 100xp

5. GhxBronie

GhxBronie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well Done (Y)

6. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I guess I can endure (and you can endure) a handle of 9 slices? I can't go to less than that.

7. Rex.

Rex.

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is superb! 5/5 to support you. :)

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    humm.. here's something.. your sword is really facing the wrong way, which means you should rotate the sword so the blade tip is pointing in the direction where handle is now.
    the model itself is not placed in the right way to be held, which means the handle center of the handle should be in the very center of the grid. that way the units will be able to hold it by the handle

one other thing, i noticed that the area where the hand guard is, is strangely twisted to one side, while it should be more/less parallel with the handle, same with the sword tip. and for last, the wrap of left side of the blade, doesn't match well with the right side of the blade..

EDIT: also, name your animation 'Stand' and give it a duration from 100-1000, for an example.. the viewer is not loading your model because of that (you can edit the animation in the model editor's 'sequence editor')

9. Sunchips

Sunchips

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You have forgot to change the internal name. The download is currently named "name".

10. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I discovered all that, but I won't be in my PC for a whole week and can't change anything. Misha, can you put this in needs fix please? Thanks in advice (from phone)

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    done :)

12. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The update turned out to be pretty nice.

13. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So... what else should I do now to the sword? Apart from wrapping it in Milkshape which I am not to fond to start making it...

14. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can use MDLvis. :p
    Looks pretty good now.

15. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Umm... all the wrap WAS made by MDLvis. It was Misha who told me to learn Milkshape wrap

16. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's looking better, but what's up with the blood gutter being off-center? It has to end at the point of the sword! That also brings out the matter of the blade being off-center, which I never noticed before.

Anyway, after you fix those two issues, this will definitely be approve-able, you've come a long way with it.

17. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What's a blood gutter? You just broke my english barrier with that word....
    The blade is of centeted because attachments require that the handle is in the center of mass, I checked it on WE and it works fine (the units take the sword from the handle as they should do) or are you refering to something else?

18. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The blood gutter is the indentation in the center of a blade, from the hilt to the tip, used to allow blood to flow through it which makes pulling your sword out of someone easier. On your model, the blood gutter is off-center.

And you completely misunderstood when I said the blade is off-center, I wasn't talking about its placement in relation to the center of mass, I was talking about in relation to the handle; your blade should go straight out from the handle. With that type of sword, the handle is just a dull, round end of the blade, it's one single piece, with the hilt then attached to it; that's how they're made. With your blade being off-center from the hilt it just doesn't look right; rotate it a bit until it's a straight 180 degree line from the end of the hilt to the end of the blade.

19. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You don't know how many times I already tried to center that.

But I will rotate the blade as best as I can...

20. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't give up!