• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next texturing contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
As someone who never participates in artistic contests (cause whenever I open photoshop and try to make something freehand it turn to be a catastrophe) but always follows their flow, I would like to see and UI contest. But it is, as said above, a big job and shouldn't be started unless there is time and people interested to participate.
Taking a custom model and reskining it sound always cool. It would be interesting to see how others would recreate it.

Level 11
I like the idea of having a generic humanoid or monsterish model, without a previous texture, and then people could come up with some awesome ideas. Like a smaller scale of the Dominance Wars things at that one site.

Level 11
I could maybe do one. But that's only if you guys want me to... Question is, would we animate them? If so, I'd suggest a bunch of different anims so that it could be suited for lots of roles. But that makes me less inclined to make one, since I usually cop out when it comes time to animate my own work. X(

Level 45
I'm working on a model now D:
EDIT: Which is in this stage. The handle is there in case anyone wants an axe or scythe or can be alpha-ed to allow for a sword. The legs have the planes on the side and as feet which can allow for armour bits or just about anything. The wings can either be a pair of wings or a cape, depending on how it's alpha-ed. The head will also be ambiguous, allowing greater creativity. I'll also add animations, either in-game (preferably according to many) or custom (not so preferably.) I can also add some more planes on his shoulder as extra armour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.