• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next modeling contest theme poll

Vote for the next modeling contest theme

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Critters wouldn't release as useful models as the morphing one.
Also, critters are quite boring. Morphing is more exciting and more creativity is required.

Also, with morphing units, you can make all the different types. Buildings, critters, doodads, space tech, etc. Therefore, it is limited enough to be challenging, and broad enough to be useful.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Dang, really hard decision. Made harder by the fact that I won't even be here to witness it, much less join in. xD

Well, Critters has a lot going for it; it's a busy time of year, we've never done Critters, and you can actually make some unique stuff. It's simple, so we could get some new blood, etc etc. Challenge of making a unique Critter that is well-defined and uses in-game stuff, blah blah.

Then again, Morphing. Morphing is one of the coolest things on this green Earth. :p I'm sure we've done one of these before, but who's to say we can't again? Not me. So many ideas here (as Mr. Bob pointed out, buildings/units/heroes/etc), and so many of them awexome.

Music sounds neat, but not as much as the others; sorry.
~~~

Since I have no bearing in this, I won't vote. But it's really a toss-up, IMO.

Level 31
BEWARE! I SHALL JOIN IF THE THEME IS INDEED MORPHING!

but ill have to make something new and incredibly kickass. >:D
and just a quick clarification... we CAN NOT use anything we've already worked on, but can we re-use and idea? because i was thinking about remaking the model in my avatar

Trouble is, archy, is that it takes you so long to finish it. :D But, if you do finish it, I shall run and hide like a little rabbit...err...yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.