• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Newgen Model Imports Buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi Hive,

Started working on a map in Newgen. I usually don't have problems importing models when I work on a map, but something's weird this time.

I've imported several good models, all using one mdx file and no blps. Simple enough for the importer to handle.

When I go to create a doodad and change its base model to the imported model I can see the new model displayed on the left in the preview window, yet when I go to place the new doodad I get the green and black checker box.

Yes, I have closed and reopened map editor after importing to fix the problem.
I have even tried a complete restart of my system. No go.

What am I doing wrong?

Heres one of the models I have imported :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/crate-185421/?prev=search%3Dcrate%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

And thanks for the help, guys.

Last edited:
Level 20
Do you use variations in your custom doodads? For instance, like rocks or destructable crates. Because custom doodads are not showing when using variations.

Edit : I downloaded the model and tested it in a map : in displays in the editor and works ingame, so I assume there's something wrong in your objet editor data!

Status
Not open for further replies.