• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Problem with mass import of models (Jass Newgen Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've already had this problem once - I had a map with plenty of models imported and I wanted to transfer these models over to other maps (I wanted to modify original Blizzard RoC and TFT maps) and the only rather fast way to do this was to use Jass Newgen Pack, which allowed export and import of all the models at once along with their paths.

Now I want to update the maps with some new stuff, but Jass Newgen Pack does not seem to work for me anymore - it exports all models as it should, but literally nothing happens when I click on "Import directory".

It was always the problem that I had to close and reload my map for import to take effect when I used JNP this way, but now it doesn't import at all. I dunno what might be the reason... a bug in a newer version? (I had to redownload it because I didn't have JNP now).

If anyone has any idea of how to make JNP work or if there's another way of convenient model importing with paths, I'll be very grateful for help.

Level 3
Hmm, that's some idea, but I guess the maps would have to be the same size for it to work?

Level 3
Ah, I'll try it, this should make the importing fast enough not to be such pain anymore. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.