• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Newest "The Chosen Ones" Campaign Version Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've decided to play this awesome campaign again after getting stuck on the Obelisk boss on Chapter 9. I've looked around and read that there's newer versions available. This post Campaign Download Link links me to the main v1.0 when it says v1.9. This post The Chosen Ones 1.9i has expired download links for v1.6, v1.8 and v1.9.

Does anyone have the latest version they can link me to?

I'd also be happy to add it to my Dropbox and add a permanent share link on this post so nobody has trouble looking for it. Since these other file sharing sites are unreliable keeping their links active.

Unless there's a reason why v1.9 hasn't replaced v1.0 on the main download page?

Level 1
well haven't you seen the letter i behind 1.9 ?

From what I know, the 'i' only refers to the revision made for v1.9. I.E 1.9, 1.9b, 1.9c, 1.9d, ...etc.

Besides, all the beta versions of the game have the word "Beta" followed by the beta version of the game on the top right hand corner. That is, if you've notice it from the beta playthroughs.

Level 4
From what I know, the 'i' only refers to the revision made for v1.9. I.E 1.9, 1.9b, 1.9c, 1.9d, ...etc.

Besides, all the beta versions of the game have the word "Beta" followed by the beta version of the game on the top right hand corner. That is, if you've notice it from the beta playthroughs.
So v1.0 on the project download page is the latest version and the ones mentioned over v1.0 are just the betas?

I thought version numbers were like, for example: v0.1 -> v0.2 -> 0.2a -> 0.2b -> 0.3 for beta releases with quick fixes. And then v1.0 -> v1.1 -> 1.1a -> 1.1b -> 1.2 for initial completed release with updates and quick fixes.

Level 1
Look at these 2 videos. Note the top right hand corner. You'll see what I mean.

Personally, I have tried asking the maker of the bottom video for a more recent version of it but it seems that he no longer/does not have it.

Level 6
What is the difference between the two versions? Is the lower one better?

Someone might have it. Try on the main forums or other places. A lot of people hoard maps like crazy!

Level 4
What is the difference between the two versions? Is the lower one better?

Someone might have it. Try on the main forums or other places. A lot of people hoard maps like crazy!
I've been playing the one from the download page here. It's fine though. But thanks, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.