• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Versions of WH40k TD (5.00.22 Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Re: New Versions of WH40k TD (5.00.18 Beta)

btw - where can I get 5.20 beta, I just fouond 5.19 on the hiveworkshop page.

I'd like to participate in the process of making this map even better (Not saying: I'd like to participate in saying what Bugs Ralle included)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
OverLord";p="6075 said:
Ralle";p="6073 said:
OverLord";p="6072 said:
the -s shows 2 messeges when I play alone
does it ONLY happen when you play alone?
Yes, Only when alone and I'm gray.
Lol just found the bug:
Code:
Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -s as An exact match

Level 2
Ralle";p="6107 said:
OverLord";p="6075 said:
Ralle";p="6073 said:
OverLord";p="6072 said:
the -s shows 2 messeges when I play alone
does it ONLY happen when you play alone?
Yes, Only when alone and I'm gray.
Lol just found the bug:
Code:
:) :lol:

Level 2
(About 5.00.22) Again creeps go the shortest way when they found large maze (check replay), and still bad tips in eldar units (wraithguard & striking scorpion dmg tips). -

Attachments

• w40000_td_5.00.22_-_bugs.w3g
    179.7 KB · Views: 86
Level 5
I got replays that show some bugs with blocking towers

EDIT: I also ckecked a few races' tooltips. I checked orks, space marines, imperial guard and dark eldar. Only one that was wrong was Dark Eldar's Lord.

That's enough testing for me today =P

Attachments

• wh40kblockbugs.zip
    62.4 KB · Views: 72

Ralle

Owner
Level 77

I have tried a little to prevent blocking but realised that you will always be able to block monsters in some way with this kind of terrain. Just hope you are playing with some good admins.
I fixed a few tooltip bugs
Worked on Swearword
I also worked a bit on the gate system. Seems to work now.
Added new give gold system because you cant give gold with "Allies" anymore. Type g100 will give 100 gold. When you type g### it pops up a menu enables you to chose the player who should have the gold.
Hope this will be the last version before 5.00 cause I want it to be perfect :)

Level 2
I found a money bug in new 24 version. I think it only happen when sb leave game and you take control of his builder, then you dont gain money at end of rounds. Check 2 img in zip file

Attachments

• w40k_td_money_screens.zip
    757.7 KB · Views: 70

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Dunos";p="6164 said:
I found a money bug in new 24 version. I think it only happen when sb leave game and you take control of his builder, then you dont gain money at end of rounds. Check 2 img in zip file
I can't seem to find any bugs around that.
OverLord";p="6166 said:
Some hotkeys aren't working. e.g. thw Wraits Inferno.
I fixed that one.

Level 2
Another Hotkey that doesn't work is the imperial Guards Guardsman - should be G but nothing happens. I think even back in 3.50 this hotkey didn't work

And: when playing grey alone I get 2 'select race' - dialogs. First one pops up, I pick a race and then the dialog shows again, selecting a second race doesn't work though. 'You cannot afford this' or sth similar

Level 2
I'm sorry Ralle, but I have to insist here. The G (and the S) don't work for the Imperial Guards.

About the dialog: Whatever race I pick (even Random), the select race dialog respawns.
It does not show again, if I pick Chaos, then cancel and select another race.

Another thing, I mentioned that somewhere else, is buying lumber at the tower (not with the -lumberbuy command). You can buy 1 Lumber if you have 1500. But if you use the tower ability you loose an additional (up to) 1500. This means that no matter how much money you have, you'll pay at least 1500, max 3000

Level 11
.24 has few major issues.

the only ones i saw were as follows

1)If people started buying lives in mass, the notification would spam up the screen. Mostly inconvenient, not critical

2)I was given 4 gold by a player after he typed "i 4got" in a sentence. It was a private message

3)The admin tower can destroy peoples fuckoff towers. Is that intentional?

4)Has the deselect trigger been put on bosses?, because we are still experienceing server splits on the grom the paunchs boss level

Level 2
Ralle";p="6200 said:
I dont think there is any problem. Watch my trigger:
Code:
BuyLumber
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Buy Lumber (Fuckoff Tower)
    Actions
        Set TriggerPlayer = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
        Unit - Remove (Trained unit) from the game
        Player - Add 1 to (Player(TriggerPlayer)) Current lumber
        Player - Add -1500 to (Player(TriggerPlayer)) Current gold
        Game - Display to (Player group((Player(TriggerPlayer)))) the text: |cffEFCC03You have ...
and...
Code:
BuySellLumber
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Entered chat string) Equal to -lumberbuy
                ((Triggering player) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 1500
            Then - Actions
                Player - Add -1500 to (Triggering player) Current gold
                Player - Add 1 to (Triggering player) Current lumber
                Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: |cffEFCC03You have ...
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                UsedFirstLumber[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
                (Entered chat string) Equal to -lumbersell
                ((Triggering player) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Player - Add 1200 to (Triggering player) Current gold
                Player - Add -1 to (Triggering player) Current lumber
                Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: |cffEFCC03You have ...
            Else - Actions
I think, your triggers are perfectly OK, but the 'Buy Lumber' 'Unit', which you train at the tower has a gold cost of 1500 (a wild guess). This would explain that 1500 are subtracted when clicking it and additional 1500 when the lumber is actually recieved by the player.

AND: Would a deselect trigger affect the Talos skill (challenge) and the Psykers skill (kill) ??

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
perflubon";p="6224 said:
Ralle";p="6200 said:
I dont think there is any problem. Watch my trigger:
Code:
BuyLumber
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Finishes training a unit
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Buy Lumber (Fuckoff Tower)
    Actions
        Set TriggerPlayer = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
        Unit - Remove (Trained unit) from the game
        Player - Add 1 to (Player(TriggerPlayer)) Current lumber
        Player - Add -1500 to (Player(TriggerPlayer)) Current gold
        Game - Display to (Player group((Player(TriggerPlayer)))) the text: |cffEFCC03You have ...
and...
Code:
BuySellLumber
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -lumber as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entered chat string) Equal to -lumberbuy
                ((Triggering player) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 1500
            Then - Actions
                Player - Add -1500 to (Triggering player) Current gold
                Player - Add 1 to (Triggering player) Current lumber
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Entered chat string) Equal to -lumbersell
                ((Triggering player) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Player - Add 1200 to (Triggering player) Current gold
                Player - Add -1 to (Triggering player) Current lumber
            Else - Actions
I think, your triggers are perfectly OK, but the 'Buy Lumber' 'Unit', which you train at the tower has a gold cost of 1500 (a wild guess). This would explain that 1500 are subtracted when clicking it and additional 1500 when the lumber is actually recieved by the player.

AND: Would a deselect trigger affect the Talos skill (challenge) and the Psykers skill (kill) ??
It works now thank you. No deselect wont affect skills since the skill is already casted when it deselects.
Flayl";p="6235 said:
The only thing I have to add is that the burning cows comment's color codes don't work.

Next version should be final! =D
But how would you be able to see the burning cow comment?

edit: never mind. I know now..

Level 5
I got two more bugs:

If you kick a player, (at least) red stops getting gold. I asked others but they said they were still getting it.

Hellfire still sucks a lot. I think it would be a lot better if you increased the cooldown and have a dummy unit cast it, and remove the autocast. That way the tower can still attack, and if you want to do it manually you can. The dummy unit could be created at the same time and place you create the obliterator (for example).

Level 3
im gaving problems downloading the map when i click on the links is says it cannot find it has it been removedor is the link stuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.