• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Tree Models Not Selectable (By Worker Units)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey. So, spoiler alert, I'm doing a full-scale WC3 graphical overhaul (you'll be hearing about it soon no doubt), and the new tree models I'm putting in are not selectable by worker units. Like you'll right click on them with a worker and they're just not selectable.

znkkl0.jpg

Here are the model files and, there's a reg file you have to run to "allow local files" so it shows in game. You have to run the reg and put the models/textures in Warcraft III\Doodads\Terrain\AshenTree if you want to test it out. I've only linked here one of the models I'm using, I have 9 of them in total and I'm getting the same problem with all of them. And I haven't had this problem with any other resources, I think it's exclusive to the whole tree system in-game.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00600814729916762578

I've already tried everything in my power to get it to work. I'm sure if you just used the map editor to replace the tree model then it would work there. But that's useless to me because I'm not making a map, like I said earlier... I'm doing a full-scale wc3 graphical overhaul, and this is the first problem like this I've run into, where I need help because I can't figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance.

It likely has no attachment point. Does it have hit animations? If not, then it is meant to be a doodad not a destructable. You can try to set it as a special effect attached to the (position of (picked destructible)). That might work. You can make the desctructible model a stump (tree dead) to give the worker an attachment point to attack and to remove the tree from view.

Level 8
In Magos Model Editor top bar go to Edit\Calculate Extents and press yes. Now it should work.

Extents are zero on your tree models, that's why they couldn't be selected.

Works perfectly, thank you so much Void. I'll be +repping you and adding you, and once I announce my project and release a few videos I'd be happy to take you onto my team, if you're interested then ofc =)

Status
Not open for further replies.